I've been playing the acoustic guitar for a few months and also saving up for an electric guitar and an amp. Well I've decided to get the Epiphone G-400 but I don't know which amp I should get. I'm looking to play mostly pop-punk/pop-rock/alternative (Yellowcard, Paramore, All Time Low, The Swellers, etc.). What's a good amp that's not too pricy but doesn't sound too awful?
I don't really have a budget as of right now, as long as it's under 350 dollars (since that's the cost of the guitar) and lasts me 2+ years I'm good.
It's just for playing in my bedroom

Oh and I'm looking at an "All Access Amp Pack" that I can buy from Epiphone for about 150 dollars and it comes with a Epiphone Studio 15R...is that any good?
Thanks
Last edited by jkim4007 at Jun 26, 2011,
I'd go for more than that Epi. They really don't sound good, I hate listening to the bands that use them.

As for the amp, are you planning on playing shows or bedroom hero?
I think with the Line 6 Spider IV you can't go terribly wrong and you save money for effects
Quote by hedron75
I think with the Line 6 Spider IV you can't go terribly wrong and you save money for effects

Yes you can.

Examples of amps far better than the Line 6 Spider:
- Fender Mustang;
- Peavey Vypyr;
- Roland Cube;
- Vox ValveTronix (not great for metal).
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
The rule with both guitars and amps (and basically everything else guitar-related) is that if it comes in a fancy-titled branded set along with some other stuff, it's probably shit.

Sorry, that's just the way life works. It does however mean that you should stay well away from that box.

Also, you're gonna have to give us some more information. There's a lot of amps out there for less than $350.

Valve (tube for you Yanks) or solid-state? Number of channels? Size? Effects? All these things are important in an amp.

Quote by hedron75

You hopeless bastard.

While we're on this kind of topic, stay well away from the Marshall MG. Please.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.
Last edited by NeutralFan at Jun 26, 2011,
Pop Punk ?
Bedroom ?

Vox VT-20+. That gives you some room for when you want to play other stuff. By that time, it will likely be 2 years into the future already. It was for me.
Last edited by Lord_Doku at Jun 26, 2011,
Now you're a bedroom guitarist...

And that is the only reason I suggest this, because it ain' t an amp..

But get a soundcard/soundinterface/mixerthing... They can be dirt cheap, and get the jobs done for anything you'd need done within a few years.

Also makes recording easier.

My 2 cents
Incarnation of awesomeness on earth.
look at a modeling amp they will be best for you at the price you stated.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I would recommend either a Roland Cube or a Vox Valvetronix. Great range of tones (which all sound great, considering the price) and a load of effects to play around with.

And for the love of god, don't buy a Line 6 Spider. They just ****ing suck.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5