New singer so we decided to shoot some video of it, here are probably the 2 best pices. Shot with Olympus "Pen" E-PL1 w/kit lens, the audio was recorded through the camera. These are very 'raw' but we're happy we got as far as we have in just 2 days!!!

Danzig's "Mother" http://youtu.be/txGOhqMSyEw
Chevelle's "The Red" http://youtu.be/k1EgkQ9ENA8
both available in 720p HD - though I had the camera on single auto focus instead of continual auto focus & someone was standing close to lens when the record button was hit for "The Red" so it's a bit fuzzy

The band: CFF
Ryan - Vocals (new - 2nd time we've played together)
Travis - Bass
Kyle - Drums
Myself - Guitar

This is litterally the 2nd time we tried Mother, we kind of half-assed it once the first night, and this is the first real try. Travis didn't know either song, so I basicly told him to follow me. I played the "Easy Guitar" version for Mother cause well... it's been like 15 years since I've played it, but it's one of the few easy songs that Ryan knows.

"The Red" is my favorite Chevelle song, & Kyle & I were both surprised when Ryan said (after seeing the lyrics in the book) that he'd like to give it a try. The video is the 6th attempt (about 30 minutes playing & listening to song for timing que's) & first time we made it through the 2nd verse. The timing of the vocals is throwing Ryan off.

Guitars used:
Mother - 2005 Schecter C-1 Classic E-standard tuning
The Red - 2010 PRS Mike Mushok Baritone - C standard tuning with capo at 1st fret
Last edited by chaosdsm at Jun 26, 2011,
Seemed like it was lacking a little feeling. The vocals were absolutely awful, I'm sorry. Couldn't even really tell the bass was there. The guitar playing was good, I just would like to hear a better tone.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
^ It was lacking in feeling, but obviously when the song's not really down yet it's always going to be.

Vocals weren't perfect, but the singer basically can sing okay.

Just needs some perseverance/practice and the group should start to gel more. It's a cool rehearsal video to watch though, reminds me of playing in garages as a youth!
Quote by chaosdsm
New singer so we decided to shoot some video of it, here are probably the 2 best pices. Shot with Olympus "Pen" E-PL1 w/kit lens, the audio was recorded through the camera. These are very 'raw' but we're happy we got as far as we have in just 2 days!!!

Danzig's "Mother" http://youtu.be/txGOhqMSyEw
Chevelle's "The Red" http://youtu.be/k1EgkQ9ENA8
both available in 720p HD - though I had the camera on single auto focus instead of continual auto focus & someone was standing close to lens when the record button was hit for "The Red" so it's a bit fuzzy

The band: CFF
Ryan - Vocals (new - 2nd time we've played together)
Travis - Bass
Kyle - Drums
Myself - Guitar

This is litterally the 2nd time we tried Mother, we kind of half-assed it once the first night, and this is the first real try. Travis didn't know either song, so I basicly told him to follow me. I played the "Easy Guitar" version for Mother cause well... it's been like 15 years since I've played it, but it's one of the few easy songs that Ryan knows.

"The Red" is my favorite Chevelle song, & Kyle & I were both surprised when Ryan said (after seeing the lyrics in the book) that he'd like to give it a try. The video is the 6th attempt (about 30 minutes playing & listening to song for timing que's) & first time we made it through the 2nd verse. The timing of the vocals is throwing Ryan off.

Guitars used:
Mother - 2005 Schecter C-1 Classic E-standard tuning
The Red - 2010 PRS Mike Mushok Baritone - C standard tuning with capo at 1st fret

I listened to The Red, I'm a hardcore Chevelle fan so I had too :p The singer is okay, and obviously with more than 30 minutes practice can make it better. The songs not easy to sing by any means. So basically get the vocal melodies down, get the vocal cues, and I might be wrong, not to knack just telling you, that at the end when you're doing the guitar riff and he's singing, I'm pretty sure the bass is supposed to be doing that riff. Good watch though, subscribing definitely :]

C4C? I know you didn't put it in the thread but I do it on every post. - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1455773
Thanks for the comments guys, these video's were more of a "rough draft" than a finished product. Something we (the band) can look back on in 4 - 6 months & say look where we were then, and where we are now. Of course the big thing to remember & take into consideration is that the audio is recorded throug the video camera which does cut out some of the bass, & brightens & clips the highs.

I actually recorded almost the entire night, including "7 Nation Army" by White Stripes, "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" by G-n-R, "Cumbersome" by Seven Mary Three, "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath, and & I think 1 or two other songs.

Ryan came to us through a mutual friend, & definitely can sing better than anyone we've had before, but he has been singing in mostly punk & hardcore bands, & he tries to sound too much like the original singer of any particular song instead of putting his own voice to the songs, you can really hear this in "Mother". Of the songs we played that night, "The Red" & "Cumbersome" were the only ones he really had much trouble with & I was kind of trying to adjust my playing with his singing old habbit caused by previous singers.

Ryan really likes "The Red" (and I would rank it in my top 100 all-time favorite songs) but he has only heard it a couple of times, & I myself only started learning it about 2 months ago when I was playing along to songs by myself one weekend when the rest of the band couldn't make it. It'll take some work especially the timing & inflection on Ryan's part, but I think this could be one of the best songs we play. While "Mother" is one of his personal favorites & my favorite Danzig song.

I don't know why the Bass is so low, he's usually very prominent, only thing I can figure is that maybe Travis standing directly in front of his amp was blocking the sound??? I can hear the bass a little clearer in "The Red" where the camera is in a different position. We normally record the audio on the Zoom HD-16 multi-track recorder, but it's just so simple to have the E-PL1 record the audio even though the room isn't setup properly for open air recording.

Again, thanks for the comments, I really appreciate them