I have a new Cordoba Dolce classical guitar. The tone is amazing. I play classical guitar at restaurants and it's quickly becoming my main preforming guitar.

Anyway, I just got this Humicase Humidity Control Pack and was wondering if there's an optimal spot to place it inside the guitar case? I guess it doesn't really matter, since the humidity inside the case reaches equilibrium, anyway, but will it affect my guitar if I place it closer to the body? Closer to the neck?

Just something I was wondering about. I have it Velcroed to a spot in my case underneath the neck right now.
Last edited by Lisee at Jun 26, 2011,
How come GC links never work for me?

I would assume you place it somewhere near the body. I use the basic Martin 'worm ' humidifier that goes inside the guitar.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
That looks like a great product - thanks for sharing that. The relative humidity where I live hovers around 10-15%
Did you know: animal agriculture contributes more to global warming than all modes of transportation combined? Go Veg - it is the right thing to do for the planet, for your health, and for the animals.

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes
As long as you have a hard case, the moisture will get to all of the guitar. The main part that needs to be humidified is the body, so a little bit closer to that couldn't hurt.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I have a question on humidifiers. I live in NJ and its about 80 degrees and the humidity is high (70-80) outside. Do I need to put my humidifier in the case atm or will it just ruin the instrument because its too humid out right now as it is?

If I don't put in a humidifier, do I take the guitar out of the case because inside the case is not outside...?

I'm noob. sorry