Hey guys, do you happen to know where I can get my hands on some good metal keyboard vsts ? ( preferably a free one , till I buy trilogy )

I've checked many many vsts, none of them seem to be good for my tracks.

What i m searching for is that string ensemble most gothic bands use , to play both chords and solo notes
The symphonizer
the only strings i've ever found to be good enough are the east west symphony packages which aren't cheap. alot of people like sibelus and i will say that its not bad, but whenever i hear it i almost always notice it "hey they used sib for this song"
Last edited by z4twenny at Jun 26, 2011,
Quote by Sympho
Hey guys, do you happen to know where I can get my hands on some good metal keyboard vsts ? ( preferably a free one , till I buy trilogy )

I've checked many many vsts, none of them seem to be good for my tracks.

What i m searching for is that string ensemble most gothic bands use , to play both chords and solo notes

Don't buy Trilogy it's outdated man. Go with Omnisphere, it's way better.

As for free keyboards, I doubt you'll find good string ensemble sounds for free if you want it to sound realistic.
Do you have experience with Omnisphere ? Can someone show me a link of a sample ?

N.B : Never mind, checked it. Seems awesome, I'm Definitely getting it
The symphonizer
Last edited by Sympho at Jun 26, 2011,
Why didn't you like Omnisphere ?

I checked some samples, sounds seem very realistic. Jordan Rudess's contribution is top notch.

Can you care to elaborate why didn t you like it ?
The symphonizer
For the price its kinda meh. I feel like the release and sustain on a lot of the samples is odd and just kinda cuts off real quick (this can be adjusted obviously in the VSTi I imagine). I only ever use it for Pads. Most people love it though, I just find at first I loved it but the more I used it I didn't like it for the price. With that said it was one of the first "synths" I bought and I know a lot more about production now and could probably use it better, but I don't even have it installed on my production computer (which may change now I think about it).

A lot of professional producers have used it, especially for soundtracks. I believe District 9 and Avatar used it someone told me, but I don't know for sure. And a lot of people love it, I just like create my own sounds more these days and I bought it before I had the skills to utilize it correctly I should try to find the discs again and give it another spin I guess. lol

BUT I remember I found the strings kind of lacking...compared to one of my keyboards.