I'm about to rewire my guitar again and am a bit fed up with the quality of the wire the pickup manufacturer used for its ground. It's incredibly thin gauge silver braid that breaks if you handle it too much and burns if I keep the soldering iron on it for too long. (I'm not crazy about the hot wire either, but at least it came with a shield, which makes it a bit easier to work with.) Since I have the extra time I'd like to replace both wires with stronger ones but have never done that before. Does anyone here know of a step-by-step guide describing how to do this? I've looked on Google and found nothing. Many, many thanks in advance.
Quote by madworld477
I'm about to rewire my guitar again and am a bit fed up with the quality of the wire the pickup manufacturer used for its ground. It's incredibly thin gauge silver braid that breaks if you handle it too much and burns if I keep the soldering iron on it for too long. (I'm not crazy about the hot wire either, but at least it came with a shield, which makes it a bit easier to work with.) Since I have the extra time I'd like to replace both wires with stronger ones but have never done that before. Does anyone here know of a step-by-step guide describing how to do this? I've looked on Google and found nothing. Many, many thanks in advance.

you mean straight to the coils?
Mojotone sells the lead wires for pickups. Just take the pickup off the baseplate, remember where the wires are soldered to, and solder the new wires in their place. Simple job.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Thank you both for replying. I do mean straight to the coils... and am looking at Mojotone now...
Quote by madworld477
Thank you both for replying. I do mean straight to the coils... and am looking at Mojotone now...

i did the same (ish) thing