My amp, an ENGL Gigmaster 15, quit on me when I was jamming out today. I was playing and there was noise, and then the noise just stopped.

The tubes are still glowing when I turn the amp on, but when I take it off standby mode there is no sound. No fizz, nothing. It is not my guitar as I have tried it through another amp with only my guitar, and the guitar works. I also had 3 pedals on the same power bar that my amp is hooked up to and they still work.

I dont know much about amps (or electricity) but I figure its most likely one of the transformers that died.

Help?
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Probably one of the preamp tubes. If the amp has two channels, try the second channel. If it's also dead and doesn't use the same tube, then look at the phase inverter or the reverb tubes. If the phase inverter goes bad, the amp will be dead. If the reverb tube goes bad, turning off reverb will bypass the tube and allow it to work. You can also try swapping preamp tubes to narrow it down, but you need to know which tubes you can swap.
I don't deal with tube amps so bear with me. D'ja try checking your amp's main fuse? Could be it just went and blew.
I don'y want to deal with tubes yet (out in the middle of nowhere in Canada) and I have no idea how long it would take to get new tubes. I'll see if I can find the fuse.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Does the main cord that goes into the outlet come out in the back like on a fender amp? Mine does sometimes so I just put it back into the back of the amp so it's secure and everything is fine haha maybe yours just came loose or something
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
It sounds like you blew the HT fuse. The fact that the amp still turns on means that the mains fuse is still working.

Do any of the tubes look out of the ordinary? Are any of them glowing bright red? That could be a problem.

Either way you're going to have to take it to a tech to get repaired.
The tubes still go orange. No red.

And shredibanes, the power still comes on.

Wheres the HT fuse?
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Last edited by AWACS at Jun 26, 2011,