So I've had my champ for along time, but hated the 6" speaker so today I chopped it up and made a head out of it. I relocated the feet and everything, I just need some ideas on how to finish it out and make it look better.
I was thinking about a black wire mesh grill, but I figured maybe someone else has done this and has some ideas. Any and all criticism welcome...even..."Your a moron for doing that".

Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Quote by Ippon
Sounds like you have a plan ... go with the grill, but what kind? Pics?

I think painting it black would make it match a bit more, but the general idea is that the inputs, the light, the power switch housing are round so it should match. The question becomes...black or stainless.

My old man has some left over stainless that looks a lot like this.
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Last edited by teamhex at Jun 26, 2011,
Quote by Ippon
^ That in Black would look cool. Do it!

If you need something a bit more ambitious, re-do the Tolex. PM Min about upgrading some of the components: pots, caps, etc.

Ohh man that stuff is way over my head, lol. This is the first time iv ever modded anything. I figured I would start simple and go from there.

*edit*
I also plan on building a shelf inside my 4x12 and setting it inside the thing(with the back off mind you).
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10

Stainless is starting to look better. I have also decided to put this same mesh on the bottom and back. I will also create a hole that the power and speaker cable come out of. Input, suggestions?
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Last edited by teamhex at Jun 27, 2011,
For anyone that gives a rats arse about my mini project.....heres the finished or close to finished product. Due to me wanting to be able to swap out cables I wanted to make two holes instead of one. I'm going to add light in the plugged up hole you see. Other then that its ready for transport and use.

Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Nicely done!
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror