Hi again,

Sorry about the stupid question, I'm still a n00b when it comes to amps...

Anyway, when you are using the clean channel on a tube amp (say about 15w) does it distort much when you crank it? I've heard all about how great they sound when turned right up, but I've never had the chance to experience it for myself. I was thinking about buying a small valve amp for gigging (pubs, outdoor festivals ect) and cleans are a huge part of my bands sound, so I don't want them to be overdriven, but at the same time I need it to be reasonably loud. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

Depends on the guitar. If you're using a strat, then no it won't really overdrive much, whereas if you're using a les paul with humbuckers the cleans tend to break up a bit when turned up.
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
get a higher output amp then
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Well I use a strat, so that's good.

And CJ Noble, higher output amp = More money I don't have.
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

Can anyone help me out?
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

Budget: £100 - £350, pubs and outdoor festivals, Current gear: Fender Strat, Digitech RP350 (multi effects processor) I'll go new or used, sorry for being unhelpful.
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

Quote by CharlieSlyster
Budget: £100 - £350, pubs and outdoor festivals, Current gear: Fender Strat, Digitech RP350 (multi effects processor) I'll go new or used, sorry for being unhelpful.
What kind of music do you play? Most amps are geared toward a certain sound. You're not gonna want a Fender amp if you play metal, for instance.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
I didn't think about that, I play classic/heavy rock. Cleans are a huge part of my sound so they are a must, but I also want a nice overdrive.
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

Quote by CharlieSlyster
I didn't think about that, I play classic/heavy rock. Cleans are a huge part of my sound so they are a must, but I also want a nice overdrive.

Bugera V55?
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60?
VT100+?
Used ValveKing?
Used Peavey Windsor?
Used Orange Tiny/Dual Terror?
I've not seen too many good reviews about the Bugera on the internet, apparently it's unreliable, and sounds cheap. Don't like the amount of effects on the Peavey, I don't rate modelling amps (never sound like the real thing) and I'll look around for the others, they all look like decent amps.
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

depends on the amp and guitar, but odds are... yeah it's probably gonna distort (think classic rock levels), and it's probably not gonna have a ton of headroom if it's only 15 watts.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dayum. Well I got the answer I was looking for so thanks. What amount of wattage would be good to use then?
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

30? preferably 50 if you need really pristine cleans...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
50 sounds good. I want to get a tube amp, but they are so expensive!
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

just wait for the traynor on thomann...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by CharlieSlyster
You can get a nice OD from the stomps on your RP350. Used a Peavey Classic 30 or Fender Pro Jr.

What kind of tube amps are you finding locally that are in your price range?