I posted this on UM also so im just gonna copy paste. There are 17 tracks (i think) of raw stems so this is not for the faint of heart beginners.

Hey guys, my melodeath project "Avalerion" put up its first song not too long ago and I figured you guys might want a shot at mixing it. Its a pretty long song with a good amount of layering. I figure it will be good to learn how to carve out certain frequency's to clear up room for all the other instruments. Here is some info on what was used.

Everything was run through my profire 610. The guitars and bass were also run through a countryman type 85 DI box. The vocals were done with an AKG perception 220 condenser mic. The guitar that was used is an epiphone explorer with EMG 81/85 pickups. The bass was a Shecter Stilleto Custom 4 with stock pups. Its not the tightest playing because its only a demo but it works.

The mix can be found here on the facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Avalerion/229101720436626?sk=app_178091127385

Do us a favor, if you download the stems or even just like the music, like our page. Its a simple click but it means a whole lot to us.

The stems can be found here

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2113488/STEMS.rar

Give it 45 minutes to upload and share your mixes when there done! Let me know if there are any problems with things syncing up. The tempo is 180 btw

BTW when i say epic melodeath, its not me being cocky by any means, its just the kind of melodeath that i consider it. Big choruses and orchestra. Thats just me though
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
Last edited by Tig Bitties at Jun 26, 2011,
Gonna give the thing a listen tomorrow...
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
cool thanks man. The upload is done so have at it!
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
The link is teh broken

Nvm, it just started working. I'm going to start mixing it once it's done I like the song musically, but screaming has never been my thing, so I'll probably go with a pure instrumental mix.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Last edited by Shirate at Jun 26, 2011,
Thanks for sharing! Definitely going to check the stems and song out when I get home.
Did you use a plug in for the guitar sounds? if so, you should really have made a stem with the sounds included. It's fairly simple to do in pro tools, I can walk you through it, if that's what you used.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

Downloading now. Will do a mix and post it up for ya.

Seems to me that several parts from the actual song are missing (the bass underneath the acoustic before the actual bass guitar comes in, and the fade in of the guitars are just 2 examples), and also it seems that the drum parts were changed for the actual song?
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Last edited by Brendan.Clace at Jun 26, 2011,
yeah there were some things that were changed last minute, but i dont have those because of a hard drive crash. That plug in i used was an amp sim with impulses, but it sounded like shit so i didn't wanna include them lol. I can upload them if you really want me too.
Quote by Tig Bitties
yeah there were some things that were changed last minute, but i dont have those because of a hard drive crash. That plug in i used was an amp sim with impulses, but it sounded like shit so i didn't wanna include them lol. I can upload them if you really want me too.

Okay sweet. no worries man.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Downloading now. Will do a mix and post it up for ya.

Seems to me that several parts from the actual song are missing (the bass underneath the acoustic before the actual bass guitar comes in, and the fade in of the guitars are just 2 examples), and also it seems that the drum parts were changed for the actual song?

The fades are something you'll do in mixdown.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

Quote by Shirate
The fades are something you'll do in mixdown.

That's all well and good, but there clearly are missing parts. Am I supposed to pull the open chord that fades in outta my butt?
Quote by Brendan.Clace
That's all well and good, but there clearly are missing parts. Am I supposed to pull the open chord that fades in outta my butt?

If we're talking about the same chord, it's around 3:30, it's only a 2-3 second fade.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

Also, fixed the drums. Worked on it for a long time before figuring out there was an extra note. Also read so on the ultimatemetal thread....too little too late....blargh. Gonna get back to working on this over the weekend.