Completely gutted. For no reason the other day my Peavy Vypyr just cut out while playing. It wont turn on at all. The whole reason I went solid state is because I tube amps kept dying on me. Just to make it clear I didn't knock it, bump it, spill anything on it etc it just cut out for what seemed like no reason at all. Any ideas of what it could be?
Did it turn off when it cut out or was it still lit up?
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Could be the power adapter? Try and find another one that might just be lying around. If it's not that, take it to a tech. It won't be anything major I hope.
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

loose wire inside? open it up and see if anything is loose.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I don't know if I should. Not 100% sure what I'm doing. I've opened tube amps up before but never a solid state. Aren't a moddlers innards practically like a poor mans computer.
maybe it's your destiny to go acoustic :P
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Take it to a tech.

Shit happens sometimes, regardless of the type of amp.

My tube amp has never ever failed on me and I've had it coming on four years now.
Quote by Kozlic
maybe it's your destiny to go acoustic :P

I like to play acoustic as well
I think its a fuse. It sounds kinda obvious, but I might be wrong.
Also, the amps built in step downer might have connked (IIRC modellers run on much lower voltages for the chips, like 12V or something unless im badly mistaken)
Sounds like a fuse blew, to be honest. Check your fuses, if there's a bad one, replace it, and if it does the same thing, take it to a tech, because that would imply that there's some sort of short going on.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Reliability seems to be an issue with the Vypers. I'd take it in.
You will become immortal. You will also be imprisioned for life.
Quote by austin-person
Reliability seems to be an issue with the Vypers. I'd take it in.

Thats why i overlooked them completly
How long has it been since it died? Have you tried to turn it on since then?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
eh, fuck it. just got buy a new amp. upgrade to the 60watt with t00bz in it. And are you really sure your tube amps were dying on you? or was that just the tubes burning out and you not knowing what to do?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
That happens to alot of vypyrs for some reason. Alot of reviews say it and it has happened to two of my friends. Something about the motherboard. If you bring it to any peavey place I think they will fix it for free.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Since you haven't mentioned any unfortunate smells, my first guess would be that a power supply issue toasted a fuse. Hard to diagnose things without the amp in front of me, however. Vibration could have finished off a loose connection as well.
Quote by xadioriderx
you should just mount a really big chunk of wood

Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
**** fixing the vypyr, not worth the money and time.
You might as well get a better, trustable and more durable amp.
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I