Page 1 of 8
Lately at work I am busting my ass with a smile on my face and getting absolutely terrible tips, we got a lot of cheap folks at the hotel right now. Has anyone here ever let someone know they gave you a sh*tty tip and if so how did you do it?
don't do it, not worth it, you're better off thinking to yourself that guys an asshole and move on
Despite perhaps it being expected for you to get tips, I don't think you have any real right to ask for a better tip/complain about what you're getting.

Sorry to hear you feel underappreciated, but we're living in a money-tight world atm.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Be grateful they give you anything.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I had to serve pancakes in a restaurant when i was 10, I didnt get any tips.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Trowzaa
Be grateful they give you anything.

Yeah exactly, tips are usually optional
I don't tip at all. Neither do I tip my local grocery store for taking up the payment for my food I'm buying. Nor the bus driver for driving the bus.

You shouldn't expect a tip.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Just say so, and ask for more.
If you get more then well played.
If you get punched...yeah you deserved it.
I like how in america you expect a tip every time, I mean why should people pay you for doing your own job?? If you get a tip be grateful and get on with your job!!
Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust
tips arent mandatory

if you are just doing your job with a dumb smile on your face, why should anyone tip you?
if you do an above average job then thats a different story
(im assuming youre serving people food, or carrying bags)
Last edited by BlitzkriegAir at Jun 26, 2011,
I'd put a forced smile on and hope it horrifies them enough to pay me to stop. I'll just stand there patiently with a hand out.
Last edited by Silent Murder at Jun 26, 2011,
Some places actually pay wages via tipping, especially the newer places that aren't part of a chain

Tip the places you like, and any hot girls that serve you.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Crap, another tip vs no tip shitstorm is coming.

If you live in or are visiting a country where tipping is the norm, just do it, unless you're fine with being thought of as an ass by strangers.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
it evens out in the end, every once in a while you get a nice tip, once i got a 60 dollar tip delivering 40 dollars worth of pizza, also these assholes who don't believe in tipping are just selfish assholes, especially at a restaurant or food delivery, those people get paid less specifically because of tips

once my friend tipped like 30 cents when we went to a bar for a burger, he said i need it more than she does, ya well you didn't need that $20 burger you dumb shit, we're no longer friends
Quote by zYx Monster xYz
I like how in america you expect a tip every time, I mean why should people pay you for doing your own job?? If you get a tip be grateful and get on with your job!!

You've obviously never worked in a restaurant

Seriously though, I've worked as a waiter, and I worked with a few people that if they didn't get decent tips, they wouldn't be able to eat the next day. It really is true, waiting tables is the one job anyone can do.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I don't tip at all. Neither do I tip my local grocery store for taking up the payment for my food I'm buying. Nor the bus driver for driving the bus.

You shouldn't expect a tip.

Translation: I am super cheap
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by mizxou
it evens out in the end, every once in a while you get a nice tip, once i got a 60 dollar tip delivering 40 dollars worth of pizza, also these assholes who don't believe in tipping are just selfish assholes, especially at a restaurant or food delivery, those people get paid less specifically because of tips

once my friend tipped like 30 cents when we went to a bar for a burger, he said i need it more than she does, ya well you didn't need that $20 burger you dumb shit, we're no longer friends

Why should tips just be in the food and taxi business? I'd rather them charge me a little extra for the food/service then having me go through the social phenomena of tipping vs no tipping.
Actually tips are expected. That's why servers only get paid $2.50 an hour. For those of you that don't tip I hope you get hit by a car today and end up in the hospital near death. I hated being a server but when I was if people didn't tip I was furious! When you get paid $2.50 an hour and rely on your tips to survive it can make you homicidal when people stiff you.

To TS: it sucks but you have to push through it. People suck
Quote by mizxou

:clap: Well done for the most moronic post i've seen the past few days
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by mizxou

Is that the specific reason you're not friends anymore? Or was it just adding to something bigger?

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
So basically, those who say;

OMG YU MUST TIP?

What if i didn't enjoy what i ordered? Or if i thought the service was terrible? Many times i've left a place with no tip because of such a circumstance, they've already robbed me off the money i paid for the terrible food and service i paid for, i'm not going to then drop a fiver to make them think they did a good job.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by rockingamer2
Is that the specific reason you're not friends anymore? Or was it just adding to something bigger?

no we had a big fight because he just assumed he could stay with me for 5 days and that wasn't cool
Last edited by mizxou at Jun 26, 2011,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Why should tips just be in the food and taxi business? I'd rather them charge me a little extra for the food/service then having me go through the social phenomena of tipping vs no tipping.

you are totally right but that's not the way it is, so we deal with it
Quote by mizxou
no we had a big fight because he just assumed he could stay with me for 5 days and that wasn't cool

He didn't tip you?

Quote by mizxou
you are totally right but that's not the way it is, so we deal with it

Deal with it all you want. I'd rather have the tip option as a token of gratitude when something has been above average and I really enjoyed myself. I'm not gonna give you a tip just because it's standard. Make the service a great one and I'd gladly tip. I'm not tipping just because that's the norm. That's just bullshit and I can't take responsibility for your lousy wage.

There's loads of people with lousy wages. Do you tip the janitor at your work place?
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jun 26, 2011,
Quote by mizxou
no we had a fight because he just assumed he could stay with me for 5 days and that wasn't cool

Oh. Okay.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by wizards?
You've obviously never worked in a restaurant

Seriously though, I've worked as a waiter, and I worked with a few people that if they didn't get decent tips, they wouldn't be able to eat the next day. It really is true, waiting tables is the one job anyone can do.

Your right i havent. Atm im in a supermarket and i dont get tipped for helping customers

Plus ive had friends who have worked in restaurants and ive heard multiple stories of bosses collecting tips for themselves or putting all tips into a jar and dividing them between.

Good and bad stories y'know, i still think expecting tips is wrong
Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust
Quote by Anthony1991
:clap: Well done for the most moronic post i've seen the past few days

what you don't tip?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
He didn't tip you?

Zing!

I sometimes tip the taxi driver if he gets there fast and on time, but that is it.
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
Quote by Anthony1991
So basically, those who say;

OMG YU MUST TIP?

What if i didn't enjoy what i ordered? Or if i thought the service was terrible? Many times i've left a place with no tip because of such a circumstance, they've already robbed me off the money i paid for the terrible food and service i paid for, i'm not going to then drop a fiver to make them think they did a good job.

Tips should be given UNLESS the server was horrible. Not tipping because the food was bad is punishing the server for something not under their control. Tips are for the server, not the manager/cook/host/or anyone else.
Quote by mizxou
what you don't tip?

Ehhhh, you posts are bad and your general manner is one that's going to lead you using caps lock sometime soon.

I tip when the service is above average. Tipping when service is bad, is wrong. Tipping is a bonus, not a requirement. You tip for your waiter being of both good quality and manners - that is why tipping exists. It is not intended to balance out wage packets or salary's.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by vjferrara
Tips should be given UNLESS the server was horrible. Not tipping because the food was bad is punishing the server for something not under their control. Tips are for the server, not the manager/cook/host/or anyone else.

So, basically. I'm to tip the waiter because he managed to put my plate on the table without falling over or puking in it?

A restaurant that expects the customers to tip to balance out the busboy's wages I can honestly say I wish gets shut down or bankrupts.
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jun 26, 2011,
guys you need to start thinking of society as a part of you, we all need to help each other out, if you can't give a few bucks to a server then why don't you just get your food at the grocery store?
You can usualy tell if the tip worked out for me by the tone I use to say "Thanks for the tip, man."
Quote by vjferrara

Then why do the chefs and so on generally share the tip? Some examples in this very thread suggest this is true.

I don't care if it's not their fault, they are part of the establishment that is selling me something that i'm paying full price for. If it isn't nice, why should i then give more money to that establishment?
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
What do you do in places where you aren't served and you take the stuff you've bought from the till to the table? Those are the main sorts of places I eat.
OUT OF ORDER
Quote by mizxou
guys you need to start thinking of society as a part of you, we all need to help each other out, if you can't give a few bucks to a server then why don't you just get your food at the grocery store?

Ehm, you're saying the waiter is not responsible for the bad food. Then why should I tip him for the good food? What am I tipping him for? Existing?
Quote by Anthony1991
Tipping is a bonus, not a requirement. You tip for your waiter being of both good quality and manners - that is why tipping exists. It is not intended to balance out wage packets or salary's.

you're kind of wrong on that dude, it is intended to balance out a wage, if nobody tipped the average server would go home with 30 bucks for 8 hours of work, no one would do that

it's just good that there are enough understanding people to balance out the schmucks