Hey all.
I'm still looking for a new distortion.
The pedals I'm not looking for
Boss ds-1 (I have it already)
Boss mt-2
MXR 78' custom badass.
Something in a multi effect.

So I need a distortion pedal to go with my tube amp (right about that).
I'm going to get a little bit of crunch out of the amp, like a smooth latin rock - a bit of gain.
And take the dist pedal and take it over the top.
I'm also not looking for the average guitar center comment:"No you don't want that."
"You should buy a spider amp!"
Ow and btw my amp is going to be a bugera v22.
And for bonus points give me a ****ing big chorus to put both over the dist and on a clean channel.
You knw those big 80's style chorusses!
Should have bought an amp with differentchannels for different levels of gain
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
Should have bought an amp with differentchannels for different levels of gain

This.

No pedal will be able to give you a better sound than natural amp distortion, they can put some nice colours on it, but a pedal by itself will always be outdone by the real thing.
Quote by Weybl Himself
This.

No pedal will be able to give you a better sound than natural amp distortion, they can put some nice colours on it, but a pedal by itself will always be outdone by the real thing.

I said my preferences in the top just match the specs and name the pedal.
Quote by Weybl Himself
This.

false, oh so false. someone doesn't have much experience with pedals...
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Keeley mod your DS-1. Just do it.
Guitar: Ibanez RG321MH with EMG 85/60
Amp: Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo
Musical styles: Progressive rock, thrash metal, post-hardcore.
You just made another thread bitching about pedals.

The **** is this?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
You just made another thread bitching about pedals.

The **** is this?

No I need a better distortion pedal than this crap thing.
Quote by Weybl Himself
This.

You know how soundwaves go?
Like really rounding shapes.
When your amps start to overdrive iet cuts of some of the overtones and it will sound different.
Overtones are slightly different pitches at a softer volume.
Also when you're driving the signal won't go round anymore.
The waves go more like \_/ that flat thing at the bottom is where it normally would go further and get overtones.
Don't tube amps have natural distortion? Mine does at least, I use overdrive pedals to "Take it over the top."
you're a stone fox
after reading the last few threads i think i'm gonna stop coming to UG. dear god people.

Just buy a Klon centaur and a okko dominator and you'll be sweet. best pedals i have ever heard through a beast like that bugera you are going to buy.
Yeah, there are some really unhelpful replies here. The OP was pretty clear and polite. Telling him to change is amp is just pointless... I mean, why do it?
No, you don't want that! You should buy a Spider amp.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

The V22 has plenty of gain on tap already. If anything, look into some overdrive/boost.

Besides, have you played the amp already? It's plain retarded to buy accessories for it long as you have no or limited experience with it.
Quote by TheQuailman
The V22 has plenty of gain on tap already. If anything, look into some overdrive/boost.

Besides, have you played the amp already? It's plain retarded to buy accessories for it long as you have no or limited experience with it.

None of the Dutch stores sell it.
Going to just get it.
I watched alot of youtube videos before saying that.
Btw anything is better then what I have now.
Have you looked into overdrive pedals? Or is the distortion you want too over the top for them to do?

Also, distortion and overdrive pedals can sound fairly different through different amps, so you really have to try the pedals with your own amp when testing them out.
Quote by liampje
Going to just get it.

get the amp first and then decide what short comings it has. i agree what you probably would be better off getting is an overdrive. check into the digitech hardwire cm-2 tube overdrive. does the basic tubescreamer thing and has a mod switch for more gain. very responsive 2 band eq as well.i have one that i use with my peavey valveking and it's been great.
Seems to me the OP knows what he wants - natural amp distortion and a boost to put it over the top. This is the way it was done back in the day (talking about the '60s and early '70s, before Mankind invented the master volume).

I will refrain from commenting on the particular amp choice in this case, but kudos to the OP for taking this approach.

I use a Boss SD-1, which is really quite different from the DS-1. It's cheap, but it works well.
Bruce Clement
BC Audio Hand Crafted Performance
get an MXR M-116 Fullbore Metal distortion pedal. It has a 3 band EQ in it and even if you don't like a lot of distortion it over all just makes your tone sound better.
Cmatmods brownie or rothwell hellbender?

Oh sorry, was I supposed to make a wise ass comment instead of making a recommendation?
Quote by liampje
Going to just get it.

Then just get the amp, play it for a month, then decide if you want any pedals extra.
get a TS-9 or Luther Drive for low gain, use your DS-1 for mid gain and then combine them for plenty of ear gasm gain worthy sounds.
Quote by Dmaj7
get a TS-9 or Luther Drive for low gain, use your DS-1 for mid gain and then combine them for plenty of ear gasm gain worthy sounds.

Awesome idea.
only I'll have to replace that ds-1.
What is so hard to understand about the simple fact that you can not possibly estimate what gear you want to add to an amp without any experience with said amp? It's not a difficult concept.

Maybe you just have money to burn, I don't know.
Quote by liampje
Awesome idea.
only I'll have to replace that ds-1.

Eventually. But it can really do the job for as long as you want then you could get something like a Big Muff or whatever fits your taste.
With a V22 I would add a Green Rhino OD, and a Corona Chorus.

Could consider a Plimsoul, although they are kind of trebly, may need to use a lot of treble cut.