I have a bottle of Fender Guitar Polish (ingredients: white mineral oil and pine oil) and was planning to use it to clean my fretboard (rosewood). It'll work, won't it?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
I have a bottle of Fender Guitar Polish (ingredients: white mineral oil and pine oil) and was planning to use it to clean my fretboard (rosewood). It'll work, won't it?

No, there's fret cleaner, the polish might ruin your frets.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78

But aren't fret cleaners made from mineral oil too???
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
^^ That didn't help at all because I need to know if I can use a specific type of Guitar Polish on the fretboard. Help...please?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Do you have a maple or rosewood fret board? Regardless, no. No no, dont do it. The polish is for the body of your guitar. If i were you, I would grab some Dunlop lemon oil or normal lemon oil if you have a rosewood fret board.
^ this.

Your guitar body is finished, your fretboard is not. I use lemon oil, but very sparingly. Put a little on a rag, rub it in, then take it off, I do a couple of frets at a time. You just want to clean it off, not make the fretboard greasy.

Maple fretboards are a different story, but thats a different topic for a different thread.
Hmm...thanks for the comments....but its a bit too late. I already cleaned the fretboard with the polish . I see no immediate effects other than it being alot cleaner and smelling like heaven.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
Hmm...thanks for the comments....but its a bit too late. I already cleaned the fretboard with the polish . I see no immediate effects other than it being alot cleaner and smelling like heaven.

so you come on here, and post something and get numerous supplies, dont check back, and just do after waiting around 3 hours?

if you are not going to listen to the answer or don't check for it prior to doing something, you are just wasting our time.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by JKHC

What do you mean "It's a bit too late"? You got told right away that it might ruin your fretboard. The comments didn't come too late, you just chose not to listen.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
To justify it.....I did the deed right before nickdhole's comment so I didn't have much to go by because many people online use mineral oil for their fretboard. The consequences can't be that bad.............
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
To justify it.....I did the deed right before nickdhole's comment so I didn't have much to go by because many people online use mineral oil for their fretboard. The consequences can't be that bad.............

Wait till tom
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by slipknot_420
Wait till tom

You're kidding...right???????!!!!!!!! I don't think its that big of a deal. Or is it???
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
You're kidding...right???????!!!!!!!! I don't think its that big of a deal. Or is it???

It might be. You used a polish on your unfinished fretboard. That was a mistake.

Also, the VERY FIRST RESPONSE said:

Quote by Saint78

So you chose to do it anyway after reading that.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Last edited by SLonergan at Jun 27, 2011,
dude your necks gonna fall apart
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Essentially, you've condemned your fretboard to death. Over the next few days it's slowly going to degrade. I hope your neck is a bolt-on, because at this point it will probably be easier to just replace the whole neck...much cheaper than replacing JUST the frets and fretboard.
Quote by rmr024

Quote by JKHC

This will be you tom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by slipknot_420

Seriously. I hope you have a backup while you get this guitar fixed...if it can be salvaged that is.
Quote by rmr024

I doubt it'll be that bad...it's just $5 guitar polish. If anyone couldn't tell I'm bad with maintenance, repairs etc. That's why all my guitars are stock.

The guitar had a set neck.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
I doubt it'll be that bad...it's just $5 guitar polish. If anyone couldn't tell I'm bad with maintenance, repairs etc. That's why all my guitars are stock.

The guitar had a set neck.

Being $5 dollar guitar polish is even worse
If it was $6 dollar polish you might be ok but not $5
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
And some pedals

PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
I told in the first response, it might ruin your frets. This was the one thing I actually knew about, and you ruined it. You bastard.
you're a stone fox
yea by morning at least half the frets will be falling out.

it'll probably crack in a few places.

it shouldn't cost more than $300-350 to fix, you should be okay.

I'm no great woodworker, but my father was, and I did learn a little. I also took woodshop in school (and yes I paid attention). Looking at fretboards on most any guitar and it is obvious that the wood isn't sealed the same as the wood on the body, headstock, back of neck, etc... With it being as coarse as it is, and unsealed perhaps, I'd stick to what is known. Fretboard cleaners are made for the job, the oils you spoke of, may or may not be proper. I'd err on the side of caution and stick to what is known for sure. For the cost of a can/bottle of Dunlop fretboard cleaner/treatment, I wouldn't risk damage to my guitar. Maybe I just value my things a bit too much....
Well, it looks clean. I think I might have oversaturated the fretboard, but no big deal. I will be sure not to use that on my better guitars.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Ah, he'll be fine, I used to use lemon pledge on my fretboard for the longest time before I started using real fretboard cleaners, and my fretboard is just fine.

TS, you want to use things that specifically say they are designed for cleaning and protecting the fretboard, it doesn't have to be lemon oil, I use this stuff called "Guitar Honey" which it's designed for all dark wood fingerboards, and says it's a fingerboard treatment. Stuff works great.

But rosewood is not super fragile, so it can take some abuse. I still recommend you use the correct stuff for treating it thought.
The ingredients are oils... Rosewood is naturally oily... Fretboard cleaner basically cleans off your fretboard and replenishes some of the oils in your fretboard, so it should be completely fine. I wipe my fretboard down with sunflower oil which we use in the kitchen for god's sake. Works perfectly.

Now if there are OTHER ingredients in the polish other than the oils you specified, then yeah there might be a problem. But if it's just oils it shouldn't be a big deal.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
What is this cleaning of fretboards you speak of?

I just use the vacuum on mine....
stuff like fast fret is nothing more than mineral oil, so that won't hurt the fretboard. But pine oil.... no idea what that may do over time. It's likely to seep into the wood and cause the glue holding the fretboard on the neck to soften and come loose. Just imagine you're in the middle of the solo to RATT's "round and round"... you know, that part where it goes "wah wha WHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!" and your fretboard just falls the **** off. Instant show stopper.

If you're not sure it's good for your fretboard, don't use it.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes