Mighty bass forum, oh mighty bass forum.....I beg of thee to help in ending my confusion on but one simple subject.......what are warwick necks like? ALL I've heard.about them is how uncomfortable they are, and not HOW they are uncomfortable. With this I turn to you.....bass forum......oh mighty bass forum.......*bows*
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
IIRC the original wenge necks were pretty thin, then they changed up the profile after making the switch to ovangkol and the necks turned baseball-bat like (very thick and chunky). Recently (post 2009 I believe) they went back to using a slimmer profile.

I could be wrong about the dates, so if I have it wrong anyone feel free to correct.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I see....like acoustic thick?
Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by stevebomb
my brother's warwick corvette standard bubinga has a chunky neck but it is flattened to make it a little more playable. personally i like the neck and find it very fast playing but i understand that someone else might not. I like them though.
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
When I got my acoustic I found I like the thicker.neck and lighter strings combo. Well now my interest in warwicks has now been regained thanx all.
Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by stevebomb
It's a little thicker than my acoustic guitars' but it's not uncomfortable. My opinion though, I've got big hands. It's accurately nick-named "baseball bat" because it is significantly fatter than most basses on the market (and worse for me because I traded in my super thin-neck Ibanez SR for my 'wick lol.) Though despite the size i've never found it hard to play on and is quite fast

As for Tostitos claim, his knowledge matches mine and post-2009 the necks went back to a thinner profile but mine being an '05 has got the fat wenge neck
It is the pinnacle of necks- if you like thick necks.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
It's not really the thickness that I hated about that period of Warwick necks but the shape, they were D shaped but very flat in the middle, I found it really difficult to hold them comfortably.