Can headbanging f*ck your brain power or focus? I realized I can't focus studying for more than 15 minutes or remember important notes. Studying seems to be the hardest thing ever. My fellow metalheads told me there's headbanging can't mess up your brain, but I've not quite seen an intelligent metalhead...
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Maybe you're just stupid.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
the last metalhead i met was studying commerce in ubc (top post secondary in the area)

i am kind of a metalhead, not as much as i used to be, but i guess i am pretty stupid...

headbanging is sort of just cns overload in a way, you do it for too long and you'll probably explode
It obviously has an effect on your grammar as well.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
No, but headbanging excessively is bad for you. I don't think it actually affects your brain function though.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Not to mention how stupid it looks. Mosh pits are alright. Headbanging just looks silly.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

No, but it has been linked to stroke, whiplash and gammy neck.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
No i hedbang al teh tim and ive nevr xpereanced anee brian damug.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
I mean i am kind of a metalhead..
I headbang, not excessively.
And im super smart.
Maybe you are not meant to be a smart metalhead
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
It's probably all the alcohol and pot.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
I don't headbang a lot.....more like the blessthefall vid.for.higinia. I guess I'm ok then? Idk I gave a relatively large attention span so......
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
Most of the metal heads I know are actually really smart. I study engineering the University of Illinois and I love metal, so no I don't think head banging really has any significant effect on your brain. Maybe after many years of head banging, there might be some effect, but i doubt it. If anything you'd have damage to your neck long before any brain damage.
Although I blame headbaning for giving me frequent migraines.......no headbaning goes unpunished maybe?
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
Or maybe you just have no interest in what you;re supposed to be studying. It just seems simpler than brain damage caused by rapid head movements.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
I remember reading some where (can't remember where, apologies) that a study was done that showed that headbanging didn't actually do any damage longterm. Short term of course you have a headache and possibly whiplash, but no long term brain damage.
Quote by robhc
I remember reading some where (can't remember where, apologies) that a study was done that showed that headbanging didn't actually do any damage longterm. Short term of course you have a headache and possibly whiplash, but no long term brain damage.

Didn't some UGer post a thread a while back about not being able to headbang anymore cause it had given him a seizure or something?

Edit: yup
🙈 🙉 🙊
Last edited by entity0009 at Jun 26, 2011,
Quote by entity0009
Didn't some UGer post a thread a while back about not being able to headbang anymore cause it had given him a seizure or something?

Edit: yup

Who knows then? I do definitely remember reading a study saying the opposite though.
Quote by robhc

Who knows then? I do definitely remember reading a study saying the opposite though.

I dunno, it doesn't really matter anyway, everything seems to be potentially fatal nowadays anyway
🙈 🙉 🙊
i don't headbang nearly as much as i used to, but it's more due to my neck than anything
Go Veg.