Hey,
Well....I want a Schecter, with the Avenger Bodystyle, and a Floyd Rose. But not some Bolt-on, Duncan Design, licensed Floyd. A quality guitar, USA Duncans, Origional Floyd, Ebony Frets, Neck-thru, or set. And not a syn custom. No offence to Syn, Awesome Guitarist, my favorite, but he really plays a stupid looking guitar. I dont like the Pinstripes, and the Flat top aint great. But the Head stock is neat. Anyways, i dont think there is a way to naturally get the guitar i want, because the Schecter HellRaiser Avenger FR was only made 18 times. So it seems my options are 1. Buy a Custom Shop Guitar. 2. Find someone who wants to Sell theirs for less then 1000 dollars. 3. Buy a different guitar with the Avenger Style, and install a Floyd Rose, and 4. Repaint a Syn Custom.

I know 1 is out, i aint made of money. I know 2 is out, cause it would take someone pretty crazy to do that.

So here are my questions, and Feel free to comment on anything else.

~How do i get a Floyd Rose Professionally Installed, and how empty is my Pocket gonna be after i do it. Should i give Schecter a call and see if they will do it?

~How do i get a guitar Professionally Repainted, and some different inlays in the fretboard? How much is this gonna hurt my pocket? And how big of a job would this be to do myself? It is my understanding just to paint it, i would have to take the fretboard off?

~Which one of these is a better idea?

Is it gonna be better for me just to buy something else, and wait till i can afford a Custom Shop Schecter in 10-15 years? I understand it will be an 800-1000(new) dollar guitar, with (insert estimate here) worth of work. So i will never get my money back out of it. But i dont care, i dont plan on selling the guitar, because i know this, along with my C-1 Custom, would last me forever, or at least untill i can afford something better.

Thank you for your opponion, and any help you can shed, i just would like some ideas on the subject.
Rock On!!!

Schecter C-1 Custom FR (Prototype)
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Taylor 510ce
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez SRX705
Getting a Floyd installed or having a guitar repainted will cost you a few hundred dollars. Custom inlays will require you find someone who can do them and will also cost a few hundred. Installing a floyd yourself isn't that hard if you have experience using woodworking tools, and painting is even easier. No, you don't take the fretboard off, you can just cover it up with masking tape along with taking off all the hardware and sanding the original paint off. A custom shop guitar will run you into the thousands, not a simple $1000, so you would be better off having a luthier build you one instead. It will in all likelyhood be better built and will cost you a fraction of what the CS charges.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Last edited by Metalfan41 at Jun 26, 2011,
Well you have a few options I suppose...

Schecter might do it, but then it becomes a custom guitar, and most custom guitars I've shopped around for are closer to the 2500-5000 dollar range. So unless your willing to shell out some cash it'll have to be done as an after market thing.

Routing a Trem Cavity is hard, but not horrible. The real problem is you'd have to pay for the parts, and then labor from a Luthier or someone just as knowledgeable which would cost you quite a pretty penny (I think I've seen prices range from 250-400 for that job, but you can check on that). It's doubtful you'd want to yourself...

Painting depends on the design. There used to be a cheap stoner kind of airbrush shop in the mall where I live and I'm sure they could get you pretty close to what you want for a more reasonable price than the floyd route. However you'd have to take the guitar all to bits and it probably still wouldn't be optimal.

Worst case scenario you could do what I did a while back and hunt down a body like you want on ebay, spend some time painting it and loving it and try to build your own guitar. It won't be much cheaper, may be more expensive but is a nice hobby...

Those are my thoughts anyways
Thanks for all the responses.

_3nigma_: I had forgotten about that model, i will look into that. At first glance, my only problem is all the Syn Tophat Skull things. But they can be replace. Im a rock and metal guy who doesnt like skulls....Haha

Pac_man0123: Buy a used what?

Metalfan41: No, i have no expirence with wood working tools, nor easy access. I understand a CS guitar is well over 1000. I was messing around with Schecter Custom Shop calculator, and i built my "Dream" guitar, and their quote was like $6000. I also did not know a luthier would make a complete guitar, so i may have to look into that.

s3r3nitys33k3r3: I meant as in buy the guitar, and send it to them and have them install the FR. But i looked, and it says on their website "we will not modify any of our diamond series guitars" so i think that is out. Where can i get the job done? like how do i find someone who can do it, and whats the possibility of him screwing the guitar up?

fearofthemark: its a Damien. Bolt-on Neck, Duncan Designed, Licensed Floyd. Its probably an alright guitar, but im not looking for a downgrade.
Rock On!!!

Taylor 510ce
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez SRX705
Quote by xb2003
...Origional Floyd, Ebony Frets, Neck-thru, or set.

Lol, I would love to see that someday

HILT!

Where's Waldo?

oliosbourn: What the Heck??? Thats like a total contridiction.

Pac_man0123: Harder access to the upper frets, less sustain, doesnt look as nice.
Rock On!!!

Taylor 510ce
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez SRX705
Quote by xb2003
Harder access to the upper frets

I have no problem with my guitars... of course they all have AANJs but even then...
Quote by xb2003
less sustain

Sorry, this is just plain false.
Quote by xb2003
Doesnt look as nice

How many people are going to look at the back of your guitar? Even you probably won't very often.
yea the skull knobs were a bit of a put of for me too, however in nz new knobs are like $5 so thats easiest thing to replace thankfully. Im the same bolt on not for me
Pac_man0123: Im gonna keep my mouth shut, cause i wont gain anything by arguing my point. I respect your opponion, even though i strongly disagree.

_3nigma_: totally agree.
Rock On!!!

Taylor 510ce
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez SRX705
Quote by Pac_man0123
I have no problem with my guitars... of course they all have AANJs but even then...

Sorry, this is just plain false.

How many people are going to look at the back of your guitar? Even you probably won't very often.

Neck-thrus/set-necks are built to have more sustain actually. Hints, they do. And for those of us who utilize all 6/7 strings and all 24 frets, we prefer to be able to touch them without annoyance. For looks though, you're half correct. Nobody should care, or even be looking at the back of your guitar for that matter, but if you play professionally, people will judge you by your gear, and bolt-ons are frowned upon for looks and performance. That doesn't mean nobody who is half-decent on guitar uses a bolt-on, it just means that neck-thrus are better. Which is essentially why they cost more.
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

Not very many bolt-on necks are painted on the back. Not to say there isnt some, but they are uncommon. And you can definately tell that from the front. And if you move on stage, then your guitar is seen from the rear.

Also, i maybe a little late on the draw, but is the new synyster special just the realease of the Schecter Proto-type Avenger FR? Cause they built the same guitar, if not. But i am a little skeptic about buying a signature guitar, should i be? i would want to put a plate on it that says Avenger, because i dont like to try and be "just like" other people.
Rock On!!!

Taylor 510ce
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez SRX705
Last edited by xb2003 at Jun 27, 2011,
generally im against buying other peoples sigs models. however the syn special is ok because of the fact doesn't really seem like a sig with the specs of it and it seems to tick all the boxes for you
Great....now i just need to sell my tele so i can buy it.
Rock On!!!

Taylor 510ce
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez SRX705
Quote by CaparisonCore
Neck-thrus/set-necks are built to have more sustain actually. Hints, they do. And for those of us who utilize all 6/7 strings and all 24 frets, we prefer to be able to touch them without annoyance. For looks though, you're half correct. Nobody should care, or even be looking at the back of your guitar for that matter, but if you play professionally, people will judge you by your gear, and bolt-ons are frowned upon for looks and performance. That doesn't mean nobody who is half-decent on guitar uses a bolt-on, it just means that neck-thrus are better. Which is essentially why they cost more.

This whole post is just a massive

TS: _3nigma_'s suggestion is probably the best you're going to be able to do given your budget.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by xb2003
Thanks for all the responses.

fearofthemark: its a Damien. Bolt-on Neck, Duncan Designed, Licensed Floyd. Its probably an alright guitar, but im not looking for a downgrade.

fair enough
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

well actually my budget better allows for buying a used avenger (blackjack, whatever) and putting a floyd rose on it. But i dont know if id be willing to let someone cut a hole in a guitar that i just paid between 300-500 dollars for, so i dont know if that idea will work out, plus i still have to find someone who can do it.
Rock On!!!

Taylor 510ce
B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez SRX705