Can you listen to these and tell me what is wrong with my singing and how to improve it. I think my main problem right now is pitch and keeping a good strong note and holding it. These are all excerpts

Listen to With a Little Help ( I know I messed up at the end), Folsom Prison, Wagon Wheel (I uploaded 3 versions cause i don't quite now which voice I sing it best in), and Don't Think Twice. All the other songs are old lol please don't listen to them.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=753033

I am very grateful for whoever helps me out. I know I am asking for alot of help but I really appreciate it . Tell me straight up of my singing is good enough for public consumption! Thanks!
Guitars
Squire Strat
1959 Gibson HummingBird Acoustic
1999 Gibson SongBird Acoustic
Pedals
Bad Monkey
Line 6 Pocket Pod
JH-1 Wah (Jimi Hendrix Sig Wah)
Amp
All Tube Marshall JTM-30
Your main problem is timing and melody you just need to listen to the songs more and possibly sing along with the original untill you feel that ur melody and timing are very similar but ur not that bad. its seems like you only heard the song once or twice and then looked up the chords and just made up the melody cuz u couldn't remember it is all.
Quote by Musicrules,man
Your main problem is timing and melody you just need to listen to the songs more and possibly sing along with the original untill you feel that ur melody and timing are very similar but ur not that bad. its seems like you only heard the song once or twice and then looked up the chords and just made up the melody cuz u couldn't remember it is all.

Oh yea Im aware of that. I just learned Wagon Wheel today. I just am worried about the tone and pitch of my voice. How do you think that was.
Guitars
Squire Strat
Pedals
Bad Monkey
Line 6 Pocket Pod
Amp
All Tube Marshall JTM-30
I actually like your voice to be honest lol, i know people far worse that think they can sing haha. but um well just try to not to slur your words quite as much and just practice staying on melody... also if theirs a part thats u just feel you can't hit the note... just bring down the key your playing the song in but really I think your just over critical of yourself.
Quote by Musicrules,man
I actually like your voice to be honest lol, i know people far worse that think they can sing haha. but um well just try to not to slur your words quite as much and just practice staying on melody... also if theirs a part thats u just feel you can't hit the note... just bring down the key your playing the song in but really I think your just over critical of yourself.

Thanks man! So you would give the go ahead for public playing If I fix the issues you listed?
Guitars
Squire Strat
Pedals
Bad Monkey
Line 6 Pocket Pod
Amp
All Tube Marshall JTM-30
It sounded good, but I can't hear your vocals too well. How are you recording these?
Searching for the perfect gear is endless. Buying a better amp you may notice how shitty your guitar is and vice versa. I've spent thousands of dollars in pursuit of the perfect sound, which I'll never completely capture. -B. Corgan
Quote by binaryclock
It sounded good, but I can't hear your vocals too well. How are you recording these?

A cheap little camera
Guitars
Squire Strat
Pedals
Bad Monkey
Line 6 Pocket Pod
Amp
All Tube Marshall JTM-30
My recommendation is to purchase a proper condenser mic and usb interface to record yourself in something like cubase. If you want to improve your vocals, this is a must.
Searching for the perfect gear is endless. Buying a better amp you may notice how shitty your guitar is and vice versa. I've spent thousands of dollars in pursuit of the perfect sound, which I'll never completely capture. -B. Corgan
Quote by binaryclock
My recommendation is to purchase a proper condenser mic and usb interface to record yourself in something like cubase. If you want to improve your vocals, this is a must.

Alright! What is your opinion on the vocals? Decent tone and pitch?
Guitars
Squire Strat
Pedals
Bad Monkey
Line 6 Pocket Pod
Amp
All Tube Marshall JTM-30
Again, I had a really hard time hearing them. The music was overpowering. From what I heard it sounded good.

I'm not the guy to ask though. I'm a newbie with vocals and any suggestions I'd make besides the mic would probably be off-base. I'm even too embarrassed to put my vocals up right now so you have bigger balls than me