Page 1 of 4
Link

I hate shit like this.

A Swedish preschool isn't using the words him or her around the kids. They refer to them as friends. They even place the toys so that the kids don't fall into gender stereotypes.

I don't even.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
inb4 shitstorm

Edit: this is so stupid. There is no point whatsoever.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jun 26, 2011,

Another way to prepare them for the inevitable.

What happens when they figure out those people aren't actually friends?
Quick, let's pretend that boys and girls aren't different. That will make everything better..
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
The Swedish school system is taking egalitarianism to a ridiculous extreme. They're turning the good idea of freedom of gender into the terrible idea of freedom from gender.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by severed-metal

Another way to prepare them for the inevitable.

What happens when they figure out those people aren't actually friends?

You maintain a guise of friendliness on the surface while progressively becoming more and more passive aggressive until they figure out what you're doing and leave you alone.
since when was gender itself a stereotype?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Last edited by fearofthemark at Jun 26, 2011,
It's a little unorthodox, but I don't see the problem with it. Let the kids be defined by what they're naturally inclined towards, it's not like they'll turn out gay and cause the world's population to drop off if no one tells them to pop steroids and lift weights.
What happens when these so called "friends" find out what their genitals are capable of doing to the other?
Ridiculopus

All of this sexual freedom and removal of gender bullshit is going too far.

EDIT: LOL@ hilarious typo.
Ah, so the want to teach kids that girls are the same as boys and can therefore can take of the same amount of clothing, such as shirts, off in public? I'm all for this, so when I'm a lonely pervert in my 30's, I will be able to make 18 year-olds take their clothes off faster.
you're a stone fox
So they've turned into Canadians?

I'm not your friend, buddy!

I'm not your buddy, guy!

I'm not your guy, friend!
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by GibsonMan321
So they've turned into Canadians?

I'm not your friend, buddy!

I'm not your buddy, guy!

I'm not your guy, friend!

I love Buddy Guy!
you're a stone fox
They're going to create some very confused little children.

It's genius, really. I don't understand why we didn't all chop off our wee-wees and cork up our hoo-hoos earlier. That way everyone gets along.

Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
**** man, this again?

+1 to inb4 shitstorm, another involving sexism and gender equality.
pinga
Quote by RU Experienced?
You maintain a guise of friendliness on the surface while progressively becoming more and more passive aggressive until they figure out what you're doing and leave you alone.

Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
I'd like to see that done in middle America.

inb4 the inevitable rants borne by male sexuality insecurity.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Jun 26, 2011,
Quote by Cb4rabid
**** man, this again?

+1 to inb4 shitstorm, another involving sexism and gender equality.

but those other threads were so great
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
At Egalia — the title connotes "equality" — boys and girls play together with a toy kitchen, waving plastic utensils and pretending to cook. One boy hides inside the toy stove, his head popping out through a hole.

Lego bricks and other building blocks are intentionally placed next to the kitchen, to make sure the children draw no mental barriers between cooking and construction.

Director Lotta Rajalin notes that Egalia places a special emphasis on fostering an environment tolerant of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people. From a bookcase, she pulls out a story about two male giraffes who are sad to be childless — until they come across an abandoned crocodile egg.

i see absolutely nothing wrong with this.
Nearly all the children's books deal with homosexual couples, single parents or adopted children. There are no "Snow White," "Cinderella" or other classic fairy tales seen as cementing stereotypes.

but this is going a bit too far.
Go Veg.
Last edited by im not mental at Jun 26, 2011,
Quote by ethan_hanus
But, everybody has to be equal with each other...if you don't make it so everyone feels equal with each other you might run the risk of hurting someones feelings...and we wouldn't want that now would we?

No no no. Can't hurt anyones feelings. People are fragile, delicate beings.

Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by WCPhils
but those other threads were so great
Those other threads made me want to kill myself (we're talking about the ones involving the parents not disclosing their child's gender, right?)

They ****ing sucked. I replied about a dozen times, and eventually after 100 and something posts I realised it was futile to keep arguing and left.
Quote by ethan_hanus
But, everybody has to be equal with each other...if you don't make it so everyone feels equal with each other you might run the risk of hurting someones feelings...and we wouldn't want that now would we?

It is quite evident you have a flawed conception of the problems caused/reinforced by gender stereotypes.
Quote by Pat_s1t
Those other threads made me want to kill myself (we're talking about the ones involving the parents not disclosing their child's gender, right?)

They ****ing sucked. I replied about a dozen times, and eventually after 100 and something posts I realised it was futile to keep arguing and left.

Yes!!!

I never got so frustrated reading a thread in my life.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by im not mental
i see absolutely nothing wrong with this.

Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with men cooking either.

/not what you meant but **** it I love cooking
Quote by madbasslover
Don't feed the troll, he'll think he's people!

I don't see how he's trolling. And if the didn't give it away, I was being sarcastic.
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
I agree with not using "him" or "her," in that they're simply cumbersome pronouns that add a lot of unnecessary flow breaking to the language. "They" as an asexual third person singular pronoun ftw.

Replacing them with "friend," though... I'm not entirely clear how that will work.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by ethan_hanus
It's not trolling when someone else agrees with it, which you prolly do to.

That's the worst justification of one's own opinion I've ever heard, and no, I don't agree. I wasn't raised by people who wanted to use the bible as a mind-control device.
Quote by Pat_s1t
^ Me either, except that none of the books have male-female parents. Yeah sure, include non-conventional families in children's books, it's not the 1950's anymore. But you can't just exclude the typical mother-father family completely.

This I agree with.
Quote by madbasslover
That's the worst justification of one's own opinion I've ever heard, and no, I don't agree. I wasn't raised by people who wanted to use the bible as a mind-control device.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard you say, how does the bible even play into anything to do with anything related to this?

Troll?
I like the idea of showing kids that there is no gender lines. We should all form one gender.
Where's Waldo?

yay
This thread made me think of a certain episode of Futurama that was on recently.
Page 1 of 4