I was just wondering, it say's it has a screw pin to hold the string for better tuning but how exactly does this work? Do I tune to the tuning I want an then turn the circle part on the back of the peg?

Edit. Mine has the grover's in it not the Schecter locking tuners.
Last edited by Austin174 at Jun 27, 2011,
Quote by Austin174
I was just wondering, it say's it has a screw pin to hold the string for better tuning but how exactly does this work? Do I tune to the tuning I want an then turn the circle part on the back of the peg?

Well I have a schecter with them and I've never had to do anything like that but they've been extremely stable; I'm pretty sure it's an internal mechanism that just keeps the string from slipping unless you actually turn the peg
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
locking tuners work like this : you slip the string through the tuner peg, PULL IT TIGHT, and "lock" the string. You tune the string up to pitch, and cut the excess off. You should only have to turn the tuning key a few times. There should be NO wrapping of string around the tuning post. Since theres no excess wrapping around the tuning peg, there's less chance of the string slipping while playing. This is what makes you go out of tune. Quality locking tuners do the job great.
by the time you read this you will be wasting your time because it doesnt say anything
There should be NO wrapping of string around the tuning post.

It's not a bad thing to wrap the unwound strings around once twice before slipping them in and locking them down. This keeps the edge of the hole in the post from slicing the string during bends.
on the back of the headstock, are there wheels on the tuning key's that you can turn back and forth? if so, then yes, you have locking tuners.

if the only thing you can turn is the key itself, then no, you just have standard tuners.

maybe tell me which model of Schecter you have and what year it was made and I'll tell you if it does have them or not
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I have the Schecter c-1 hellraiser with 81/89 emg's. The number on the headstock is W11010627 if that help's.
It's a newer model (the 11 indicates 2011), so I would guess that it has the circle thingies on the back of the tuners.

Did you buy it used? None of the Hellraisers come stock with Grover locking tuners, as far as I know.
No I bought it new. Yes on the back of the peg's it has these circle or wheels I can loosen or tighten.
Ok. I think I did it right. First I unlocked the screw pin, took string off, pulled new string on as tight as I could, locked screw pin, then tuned up the string. If someone could tell me if I did it right that would be great.
Quote by Austin174
Ok. I think I did it right. First I unlocked the screw pin, took string off, pulled new string on as tight as I could, locked screw pin, then tuned up the string. If someone could tell me if I did it right that would be great.

sounds like it. maybe youu can post some pictures on here so we can check and make sure
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"