So recently I've been trying to refine my tone a lot. One thing I noticed was that guitar strings impact the tone SIGNIFICANTLY.

I found that I like playing with heavier strings, fatter bottoms. I play usually in drop D or drop C, pretty standard now a days. In drop D I found that I like 10-52s (the ligher top/heavier bottom sets). But it just doesn't cut it in drop C.

That's where my problem comes in. As soon as I hit up sets for 11s, 12s or 13s the G string always has a "p" beside it on the packaging; and I'm assuming that's why I hate the G string in every one of these sets. The oscillation and tone of the string is just weird and makes the G string almost unusable to me...

What would you recommend? Are there heavier sets that comes without the G strings like that? Or will I have to forge some sort of hybrid sets for my own purposes?

Thank you,

Jason.
Guitar: Ibanez RG321MH with EMG 85/60
Amp: Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo
Musical styles: Progressive rock, thrash metal, post-hardcore.
I've found that too, until I switched to blue steel strings which have a wrapped G string instead of a super-thick solid metal G string which produces a dead tone
Quote by BradIon1995
The eighties. Coke, big hair, and pink guitars. And big hair.

And coke.
Thanks, Zigioman; I'll check it out
Guitar: Ibanez RG321MH with EMG 85/60
Amp: Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo
Musical styles: Progressive rock, thrash metal, post-hardcore.