Let me rephrase this...

My COUSINS budget is roughly around 380$ MAX

HE play basically Metal, Blues and pop-rockish shit...

I'm just looking for personal preferances, opinions and recommendations...not a flame war, becuase I'm buying this for HIS birthday.

This is for band use and possible gigging use as well...seeing as to how he is in a Band that will possibly be gigging soon

Thanks.

PS...if you need more info, just ask

EDIT: lol, this amp isnt for me...its for my cousin that is upgrading from his half-broke Crate Flexwave...I have a Blackstar HT-60 Soloist...so obviously I wouldnt want to downgrade
I hate all of you...my opinion is my own...take it or leave it
Last edited by B.C. RICH5000 at Jun 27, 2011,
Just get a peavey ultra
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by Syriel
I've heard they both do really well. Each to their own. My personal preference would be the Cube, but simply because I haven't tried the Mustang.

Try both at a store?

Unfortunately I don't live near a store. I suppose I could drive to the nearest guitar center (3.5 hours away) and test them out. I was just looking for some of your alls thoughts on these 2 amps
Quote by slipknot_420
Just get a peavey ultra

I'll look it up
Id get the cube thats me though either way both will sound sub-par gigged might be ok micd though?
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by slipknot_420
Id get the cube thats me though either way both will sound sub-par gigged might be ok micd though?

Ya, i figured if I needed it loud enough I could always just mic it up.

EDIT: I dunno if this accounts for anything, but I have a Digitech RP355 that I use as well...just throwing that in to the mix
That's a difficult choice to make if you don't know the exact differences between them.
I would check out both the Roland and Fender forums on this and see what people say about them.
It will take some more time, but don't forget that everyone's going to be biased around here, as am I.

I would go for the Mustang III for several reasons: it's cheaper, it's got more power, you get free software with it for recording on your pc, it is way more configurable via the FUSE software, it has a good Celestion speaker and apparently it does both clean and crunch sounds better than most modeling amps out there, while still being able to do heavy metal.
try using your blackstar HT-60 Soloist?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Minimum92

8<

I would go for the Mustang III for several reasons: it's cheaper, it's got more power, you get free software with it for recording on your pc, it is way more configurable via the FUSE software, it has a good Celestion speaker and apparently it does both clean and crunch sounds better than most modeling amps out there, while still being able to do heavy metal.

I would go for the Mustang as well because of the reasons stated above.

Another good reason is the 100 adjustable presets of the Mustang and the unlimited presets you can store on your laptop.
If you find a good setting for the Cube for a particular song, you have to write it down (unless you store in the solo-preset).
On the Fender you give it a name and store it as a preset (selectable via a foot switch) or on your laptop via the FUSE software.

No doubt the Cube is good but the Mustang has more handy features.
Just because I have some strong opinions doesn't mean I agree with everything I say.
Go with the cube.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
What's wrong with plugging your rp355 into an amp?
Use your blackstar dude.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I'd go... No... I went with the mustang over the cube because of what was mentioned above. And another thing is that fender constantly updates the software on the amp via fuse. For example, the wah wasn't working well on most of the amps so they developed a better one and put that on fuse so users could download it.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I say go with the Fender, but that's just personal preference. Also if it makes a difference, the Fender comes stock with a Celestion.
I pride myself on my humility.
or the V3 or the Jet City you own.

or does your "little brother" own those and not let you use them?
Quote by coolstoryangus
This guy must think we have the memory span of goldfish

or a seagull.
Quote by gregs1020
try using your blackstar HT-60 Soloist?

This amp isnt for me, its for one of my cousins thats upgrading from a half-broke Crate Flexwave.
Quote by coolstoryangus
This guy must think we have the memory span of goldfish

Why would I think that? You all probably know more about my personal life than my girlfriend does...and thats sad (on your alls part).

Plus, Gregs there is naming off every amp that I've ever thought about owning/buying as well as the amps that my brother has ever thought about owning/buying...the ****ers got a memory that would put Einstein to shame
Quote by coolstoryangus
Gregs is no spring chicken you just make so many what amp threads and so does your brother

I know...unfortunately (?) I can't find any REALLY helpful sites other than this one that I can ask these questions...seeing as to how I'm not the smartest on the whole "amps" subject...as im sure you have assumed.

I asked one of these questions on Yahoo Answers and you know what one guy said? Word for Word:

"Go to Ultimate-Guitar (.) Com forums and they'll help you out"

No joke
lol...let me say it like this...which amp has a better clean, crunch and distortion...because if he needed to expand his sound he could use the Digitech rp355 pedal that I gave him.
What's wrong with your rp355?
hi i have the same dilemma What to choose between fender and roland. I think i will choose roland because it has slighty more features and the looper!!!

but fender has the software that comes with it and that's pretty cool too
Most people here haven't tried the new mustan line so most just go with the cube or the mustang based on what they heard about it. Try them both. The same advice given in most threads.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by B.C. RICH5000
Plus, Gregs there is naming off every amp that I've ever thought about owning/buying as well as the amps that my brother has ever thought about owning/buying...the ****ers got a memory that would put Einstein to shame

Einstein didn't have a good memory.

I listed the amps you claimed to have purchased.

So basically i keep catching you in lies.

So does al. and angus, and everyone else on this site.