hello everyone. Ive been having problems with my Marshall Haze 40watt tube amp just recently. Ive had this thing for 6 months and about one other time its done this. After about an hour of playing it, the next day it takes around 5-10 mins to warm up and after I let the thing warm up, the noise fluctuates. Im playing through a Zoom G2.1u effects pedal and I made sure I had no flanger or noise fluctuation effects on. Just a plain distortion with an echo effect when the pedal is pushed down and it was up. So whenever I would play a riff of lets say 4 chords 4 strums each at a moderately medium pace. Am, F, C, G. On the second strum of Am the sound would go down and so on and so forth then on the middle of F or C the sound would jump back up full time and then go back down in the next minute or so. I just turned the standby on and then waited. It was perfectly fine then. It only does this when its been played about every day for a few days. So do you have any advice or tips to do with this situation? Thank you for your time
have you tried playing without the pedal or with another guitar to make sure it's just the amp?

do you mean down in volume or pitch?
With valve amps, always switch the on button on first, then let it warm up for around 20 - 30 seconds and then switch the standby on. Do the reverse to switch it off.
Have you checked the valves are all glowing the right colour and are firmly in place?
Also, is there any ringing from the valves when you play at high volumes? Because this Nay mean you Nay need a new valve. You shouldn't though after only 6 months
Be careful I bought a haze 40 have had it for two daze . Now the fuze keeps blowing I read a lot of stuff about this amp and ignored the bad comments due to the fact it sounded so dam good! .. Now im thinking there has to be something wrong for so many people to be experiencing the same shit . Bumming out now hope it can proove to be reliable or i am going to use it for target practice
Make sure all the tubes are seated properly in their sockets. Pull them out and plug them back in again. Blowing fuses is commonly a faulty power tube. Make sure they are all plugged in ok and if it keeps doing it take it back.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by shadow1972
Be careful I bought a haze 40 have had it for two daze . Now the fuze keeps blowing I read a lot of stuff about this amp and ignored the bad comments due to the fact it sounded so dam good! .. Now im thinking there has to be something wrong for so many people to be experiencing the same shit . Bumming out now hope it can proove to be reliable or i am going to use it for target practice

Quit bumping threads please

That's it......

Reported
Quote by shadow1972

Please quit bumping old threads.

If you're having issues with your amp and need help diagnosing it, please make your own thread.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com