Page 1 of 6
Fairly simple.
What band do you feel you would enjoy more if they had a different vocalist? And what vocalist would you use to replace them?

For me, Rush takes the cake. They are all very talented, and can all write one hell of a song together, but Geddy Lee's voice kinda ruins it for me. His voice is too thin for me. :-\
Imagine if Bruce Dickinson were the singer for Rush...

And....go!
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Guns n Roses. Oh wait...
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
inb4 Dream Theater.

OT: Children of Bodom.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
I would have to go with Periphery. I really like the Djent, but his harsh vocals just seem weak and forced.
Rise Against. Love the music, lyrics are usually pretty good but fudge me the guy's voice gets to me after a while.
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
muse :raises teh flame shield:

not sure who I would replace him with, the guy just lacks whatever the vocal counterpart is to soul or groove or feel. his voice si too polished.

but then again I love bands like the whitestripes, the violent femmes, johnny hobo and the freight trains, etc who have weird expressive vocalists.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Iron Maiden, I can't stand Bruce Dickinson, Paul D'anno was so much cooler, his voice wasn't annoying like Bruce. He's the reason I don't listen to Maiden anymore, cuz there's just so much Bruce I can hear.
www.youtube.com/user/AlexRGuitar
Gear:
-Egnater Renegade
-LTD EC-401VF
-LTD EC-256
Pedals:
-Crybaby 535Q, & Volume
-TC electronic NovaSystem
-Behringer VM1, VP1
-Line6 M5
-Joyo UD
-Boss NS-2, CH-1
-BBEBoostaGrande
-Moded FabEcho
Soilwork, at least their latest album The Panic Broadcast and it's the only one I've bothered listening to thanks to the singer. Worst screamer I ever heard, and it doesn't help that I ****ing hate that kind of pussy thrash screaming. Doesn't fit the music at all, go work at McDonalds or something you piece of shit and stop ruining an otherwise good band.

Also Periphery, and Tesseract.
Last edited by Ascendant at Jun 27, 2011,
Smashing Pumpkins. They're very talented musicians, but I can't stand Billy Corgan's voice.

EDIT:

Also, the rolling stones. I love them, but they would be so much better if Mick wasn't the singer.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Smashing Pumpkins. They're very talented musicians, but I can't stand Billy Corgan's voice.

EDIT:

Also, the rolling stones. I love them, but they would be so much better if Mick wasn't the singer.

Didn't Billy Corgan kick everybody out of the band at various points anyway?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by d.c.guitar
Iron Maiden, I can't stand Bruce Dickinson, Paul D'anno was so much cooler, his voice wasn't annoying like Bruce. He's the reason I don't listen to Maiden anymore, cuz there's just so much Bruce I can hear.

C'mon. Bruce is a legend. I don't see what the problem there is.

As for me, I think that Slipknot without corey would be awesome. His screams aren't real and their not death growls. I don't like slipknot that much anyways.
Quote by bradulator
Didn't Billy Corgan kick everybody out of the band at various points anyway?

Yeah, but I'm talking about early smashing pumpkins, not the shit after he started firing everyone.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by DJ_Effrey
Megadeth. Dave Mustaine sings like a four-year old.

**** off. He's not the greatest singer ever but c'mon, he's well suited to Megadeth as a vocalist. He doesn't sing like a 4 year old, he sings like a pissed off 40 year old (Or however old he is).

Paul Gilbert should sing in his solo records too. He is a really good singer.
Limp Bizkit would be much more tolerable with a decent metal vocalist, or if Durst would at least ditch the rapping and use a heavier voice (think, breakdown of "I'll Be Okay").
I'd go for stones with keith on vocals, he nailed the live version of far away eyes and you got the silver.

I'd like to see megadeth with papa het on vocals too,
The Flower Kings. There's something about their singer that just gets to me. There's nothing particularly wrong with it... it's just... there's something off.
Anthrax and Nevermore come first to my mind.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Avenged Sevenfold. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they became an all instrumental band.
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Nevermore for sure.
And alot of that underground thrash style vocals, I love the music but having some 40 year old drunk guy yelling obsurdities into a mic got old.
UG'S THRASHOHOLIC DRUMMER
WRECK YOUR NECK WITH A PASSION FOR THRASHIN
Queens of the Stone Age

Quote by d.c.guitar

+1

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by mysterion2112
james labrie kicked ass in his prime
True I listened to some ATCO demos the other day and the dude just rips, but after he ruptured his vocal cords it wasn't quite the same

Apparently it hurt his confidence, and they even looked for a (temporary) replacement, but in the end they were just too nice to do it. And good for them, because they still made some fantastic records

...but I rarely hear a live recording ("only" went to see 'em live twice by the way) where he doesn't struggle. I wish they could just stick to Train of Thought-like vocals. There's less "Rob Halford" on there, and it works (though not classic Dream Theater, ToT is one of my favorite albums). Sometimes it's just embarassing, especially since he's surrounded by such immaculate musicians

Dunno if it's a fair comparison but I'm also a big Cornell and Soundgarden fan, and while it's true that Cornell doesn't have the voice he used to have at least he's smart enough to not record stuff where scream his lungs out all the time (and when doing Soundgarden live he's more selective with his material)

My alltime "replace this dude" singer would have to be Cedric from Mars Volta tho. I love their records (especially the first 2 Mars Volta albums) but live it's just meh

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by shwilly at Jun 27, 2011,
Dream Theater. I love the band, and James LaBrie can sing, but sometimes his voice can get very annoying. I won't be surprised if they change their singer and I end up saying nobody can pull off Dream Theater except him, though.

Iron Maiden. The instruments sound like something that I would enjoy, but I don't like the singer.

Protest The Hero. I like some of their songs, such as Sequoia Throne, but the vocalist's screaming sometimes is...ugh.

Megadeth. Mustaine's voice just doesn't click with me.

Ozzy Osbourne's band (ironically) and Black Sabbath. His voice sounds very whiny to me.

The new Scar Symmetry. Their previous vocalist was pretty good, but their 2 new vocalist kind of...blows. It's all just a bunch of noise.

Avenged Sevenfold.

Cue the shitstorm.
Last edited by triface at Jun 27, 2011,
Between the Buried and Me
Protest the Hero
(Early) Rush – Geddy's voice on the newer track is deeper, and better. I still enjoy all of their stuff though.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by triface
Dream Theater. I love the band, and James LaBrie can sing, but sometimes his voice can get very annoying. I won't be surprised if they change their singer and I end up saying nobody can pull off Dream Theater except him, though.

Protest The Hero. I like some of their songs, such as Sequoia Throne, but the vocalist's screaming sometimes is...ugh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9f2c4ZdI7w

And I agree, there are MANY cool bands I just can't get into because of the f*cking screamo or (even worse) cookie monster vocals. Meshuggah, early Opeth and Mastodon: you name 'em

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote by Naruto00121
**** off. He's not the greatest singer ever but c'mon, he's well suited to Megadeth as a vocalist. He doesn't sing like a 4 year old, he sings like a pissed off 40 year old (Or however old he is).