I checked this guitar out today at my local store and the sound is great. It has H-S-H pickups. Not very "clean" tones....but the distortion is good.

The store owner says that unlike most guitars, Godin guitars are manufactured in America or Canada and so the quality is exceptional.

Any suggestions ? Is it worth it ? Does anyone how it holds up for hard rock aka guns n roses ?

It's retailing for 37,500 INR ( 830 USD)

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinfreewayclassicp.htm
Last edited by joey78 at Jun 27, 2011,
hey

there is one of these at my school and even though its old as and in pretty crap condition i still enjoy playing it.

for guns n roses i think it'd be great, but i'm not too sure how it sounds through a good amp. Played it through a Fenderfm 412r and the cleans were pretty good. Distortion was crap but that was mainly the amp. I like this guitar but I'm not sure if it's worth it or not? Hahah XD

Hope that helped some how :S
i wouldn't say it's necessarily good because it's made in america or canada.

that being said i liked the one i tried. nice guitars for the money. if you like it, go for it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for the responses. I like the guitar and it sounds pretty good. It's very costly here in India but I don;t have a choice. The cheaper stuff is crap and i cannot afford anything more expensive since I need a decent amp.

Would a Peavey Vypyr 30 be a good pair with this guitar ?
yeah, if it does the tones you want. i haven't tried it but it's supposedly one of the better cheaper modellers for heavier tones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Godin has only 22 frets . Is that a limiting factor ?

Im really happy with the guitar. The store however says they are expecting some new guitars in 3 weeks . Im not sure if I should go with the Godin or wait till then.

I don't have anyone experienced to accompany me to the store so I'm having trouble making a decision. And in my budget there are just 3 guitars available.

A PRS - which had a very low action and was buzzing a lot. An
An Ibanez which wasn't tall that greaet.
And the Godin Freeway which was the best of the 3.
the godin is a wonderful guitar. it is rather well made, extremely versatile and it sounds quite nice.

if you can get one at a reasonable price, you cannot go wrong buying a Godin
yeah, i'd take the godin out of those 3 (assuming the ibanez was a lower model and the prs was an se).

but- as long as they aren't going to raise the price of the godin once those new guitars arrive, or you aren't scared of someone else buying it, you might as well wait to see what else they get in....
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, i'd take the godin out of those 3 (assuming the ibanez was a lower model and the prs was an se).

but- as long as they aren't going to raise the price of the godin once those new guitars arrive, or you aren't scared of someone else buying it, you might as well wait to see what else they get in....

Thanks Dave. I went today to finalise the amp and I have decided on the peavey bypyr 15.

Incidetntally on one of the distortion settings, i noticed the neck humbucker giving a fatter tone than the bridge humbucker. Is this normal ?

I was under the impression that bridge humbuckers give a fatter tone than the neck.
nah the neck humbucker will normally be warmer than the bridge, which will be brighter.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?