Hey guys! I want to learn the song Rylynn by Andy Mckee but I have a problem. He uses a kind off partial capo that just covers the E A and D strings, maybe its on the G to i dont remember, but anyways!

Do you think it will work to buy a ordinary capo and just cut it so itll just cover the right strings?

Thanks for advice and answers
You can just use an ordinary, clamp style capo (the one you squeeze the handle to open)

thats what ive got and you can use it to just cover, say, three strings
Quote by synestershadows
Shai Hulud mother****er.
The song covers from E to G... I used to use one of those crappy capos (the ones with the plastic tube) to play Rylynn.
I just cut off a bit off the tube, which worked mostly, though it tended to rob sustain...but that was mostly cause it never worked properly, due to the lack of pressure in the first place.

I own a Spider Capo now, which is really really cool, and it's not too expensive. I'd recommend it. It's a bit of a hassle to get on and off or fret notes under the capo, but it's so much more versatile than a partial capo. You get used to it after a while.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!