shall i gave out pictures? its too bad too look at ITS NOT MINE though i just asked for the guitar coz i want to restore its original beauty

its an sg i think with a bigsby like trem?

shall i provide pics then?
Guitar FX:
Zoom G1x
Yes, I Think We Would Like To See Pictures.
"The Demon Code prevents me from Declining a rock-off Challenge"

-Satan.
As long as there's no structural damage and it's all cosmetic, there shouldn't be any problems restoring that thing.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
What happened to it? And yes you should be able to repair it.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

How are the tuners, trussrod, frets, nut, and neck? Sometimes exuberent use of the Bigsby over time can damage the neck and neck parts.
where did you get it?

What make, Gibby?

I'll take it off your hands for $100 dollars cash...

But yeah, its should be a relativly easy redo if you have soldering exp and rewiring exp and painting exp! GL
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
I don't think it's a Gibson, judging from the control pots lacking the "Gibson" stamp, the tremolo doesn't have the Bigsby logo, and the knobs don't look right. Still a pretty cool guitar and I'm guessing it's a Cort.

Is the neck still straight on it? That's the first thing you check when deciding to restore an older set-neck guitar as that's the biggest yay-or-nay factor. Unless it's a big name or boutique build, a warped neck guitar isn't usually worth touching.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
That will be beautiful when it is all restored!
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
is it possibly to replace the neck? it think it isnt a bolt on neck

i really dont know where is the truss rod located i think it doesnt have one

Quote by Flux'D
I don't think it's a Gibson, judging from the control pots lacking the "Gibson" stamp, the tremolo doesn't have the Bigsby logo, and the knobs don't look right. Still a pretty cool guitar and I'm guessing it's a Cort.

Is the neck still straight on it? That's the first thing you check when deciding to restore an older set-neck guitar as that's the biggest yay-or-nay factor. Unless it's a big name or boutique build, a warped neck guitar isn't usually worth touching.

its a little bent and there seem to be a problem in the fret the side of the fret broke open will it still be repairable?

and the nut is missing!

Quote by alexthegreat
get new screws, polish the hardware again and repaint it, and personally i think it'll be a nice guitar again dude

oh yeah, maybe resolder and redo the wiring?

maybe i'll grabe for some hardware

the tuners suck it cannot stay in tune anymore i think it needs replacement

maybe replacing the old hardware will be good too? xD
i dont really care whats the price in restoring this guitar in somehow special to me hahaha
Guitar FX:
Zoom G1x
Last edited by moonrays00 at Jun 27, 2011,
That picture is wayyy too out of focus to make any sense out of, try posting something a little more in focus. You can replace frets pretty easy (with the right tools), it's not that big of deal. The truss rod is located inside the neck and runs most of the length of it. There should be an adjustment nut located under a cover on the headstock, or if it's a bolt on neck it may be on the butt end of the neck.

Post a picture of the headstock and of the whole guitar if possible
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Anything can be repaired as long as it's body or neck isn't to far gone, and personally I think on the body where the blue is you should just paint the blue black and leave the rest worn, it'd be a unique original design caused by an accident, and who said accidents are a bad thing?
It looks like that bridge needs to be re-drilled to give it some angle.

Other than that...
refinish
refret
new nut
new tuners, maybe
remove rust from hardware
I like to keep all hardware original if possible.
Quote by LeviMan_2001
From what I can see in that picture is the fretboard pulling off? If that's the case then woah! That could be a hard repair, or not to bad. It also could be why it's going out of tune! hahaha But definitely get some better pictures of the neck and headstock.

no before the fretboard broke open.. it still going out of tune.. a friend of mine pointed out that the problem comes from the tuning peg.
Guitar FX:
Zoom G1x
Quote by LeviMan_2001
From what I can see in that picture is the fretboard pulling off? If that's the case then woah! That could be a hard repair, or not to bad. It also could be why it's going out of tune! hahaha But definitely get some better pictures of the neck and headstock.

i think not before the fretboard broke open.. it was still going out of tune.. a friend of mine pointed out that the problem comes from the tuning peg.

Guitar FX:
Zoom G1x
Last edited by moonrays00 at Jun 28, 2011,
That guitar definitely has a truss rod. It's under that black piece of plastic on the headstock. The fretboard can be reglued rather easily.
Quote by inkandlead
That guitar definitely has a truss rod. It's under that black piece of plastic on the headstock. The fretboard can be reglued rather easily.

i tried and i didnt spot any O.o
Guitar FX:
Zoom G1x
can you post a picture of the headstock?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Quote by moonrays00
shall i gave out pictures? its too bad too look at ITS NOT MINE though i just asked for the guitar coz i want to restore its original beauty

its an sg i think with a bigsby like trem?

shall i provide pics then?

coming to the GB&C and asking if you should post pics of a forlorn vintage guitar is like going to a fat camp and asking the kids if they want chocolate cake.

if the wood underneath the paint is nice you should stain it cherry red.