Hi guys

do you know some slow but kick ass sounded solos, i mean realy old school heavy metal stuff, also power metal, hard rock or hair metal... you know, all the good old stuff from 70s to 90s, like "we dont gonna take it" by Twisted Sister or "any means necessary" (the end of that solo is a little bit difficult, the sweep picking part, but anyway the rest is playable) by HammerFall (its from 2009 i know, but its exactly the kind of music i mean)...
if you know some songs with solos like that, please reply.
thanks
Is nothing else matters by metallica slow enough for you?
Quote by Kilty Boxers
So i suppose 2+2=4 is a stereotype as well?

Hooray For Canada.
Do you mean solos played at slow tempos, or slow solos as in, a couple of notes played over a long period of time?

Anything on 'Sad Wings of Destiny' by Judas Priest. Victim of Changes, Dreamer Deciever, Beyond the Realms of Death, Before the Dawn, Night Comes Down

Rhoad's 'Crowley' and 'Goodbye Romance' solos are pretty slow tempo'd, but fast playing.

'The Wizard' 'Heaven & Hell' - Sabbath

The slow solo in 'Powerslave' by Iron Maiden, that kicks ass. (There are more from MAiden, cant think of them atm).

A few from Metallica - 'FAde to Black', 'Orion', 'To Live is to Die', 'Unforgiven (1,2 and 3)', 'The God that Failed', 'Hero of the Day', 'Until it sleeps'.

*Those are the ones I can think of at this time. Trying to get some sleep, damn UG..
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
Last edited by MidniteHaze at Jun 28, 2011,
Far Beyond Metal.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by MidniteHaze
Do you mean solos played at slow tempos, or slow solos as in, a couple of notes played over a long period of time?

Anything on 'Sad Wings of Destiny' by Judas Priest. Victim of Changes, Dreamer Deciever, Beyond the Realms of Death, Before the Dawn, Night Comes Down

Rhoad's 'Crowley' and 'Goodbye Romance' solos are pretty slow tempo'd, but fast playing.

'The Wizard' 'Heaven & Hell' - Sabbath

The slow solo in 'Powerslave' by Iron Maiden, that kicks ass. (There are more from MAiden, cant think of them atm).

A few from Metallica - 'FAde to Black', 'Orion', 'To Live is to Die', 'Unforgiven (1,2 and 3)', 'The God that Failed', 'Hero of the Day', 'Until it sleeps'.

*Those are the ones I can think of at this time. Trying to get some sleep, damn UG..

Oh, thank you very much man!
I do have a lot of Priest and Halford albums, but not Sad Wings of Destiny, i will buy and learn it, thanks!
And Powerslave solos of Adrian and Dave are exactly what i mean, but they are so long! 2 minutes together, thats a lot to learn! , but i'll do it.
Ok thanks again!

Quote by smcstoronto1234
Is nothing else matters by metallica slow enough for you?

Quote by Helloween4Ever
any ballad ever made.

thats the think, i dont want ballads, but slow heavy solos like MidniteHaze recommendet.
Try 'is this love' by Whitesnake and of coure the 1st and 2nd solos from the song everybody knows 'fade to black' by Metallica
well.. not really metal but "Sweet Dreams(Are Made Of This)" by Marilyn Manson is quite slow paced and easy to play..
-Smells like teen spirit, Nirvana (Really slowly)
-Nothing else matters, Metallica
-Stairway to heaven, Led Zeppelin
-Livin' on a prayer, Bon Jovi

Don't know how slowly you want them.. The "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Nothing else matters" are really slowly and melodic solos
rec thread and war pigs
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Quote by mrbabo91
stranger in a strange land by Iron Maiden

you will thank me

This! Definitely gives the already-mentioned Powerslave solo a run for it's money.
fear is the mindkiller

CANUCKS
Quote by larrytheguitar

Quote by vanshaya
rec thread and war pigs

I allready know this oneand can play it, and i allready do have the most Sabbath stuff, even Born Again, which is very underrated, but anyway, thanks.

Quote by mustang04
Try 'is this love' by Whitesnake and of coure the 1st and 2nd solos from the song everybody knows 'fade to black' by Metallica

Ok i like whitesnake but this one is really cheesy!
And fade to black yeah i also do know that, and by the way i say the first 4 metallica albums are kick ass, the black one is not bad, but the other albums are shity. Do you share my opinion?

Quote by Helloween4Ever
ok then, maybe Forever - Kamelot?

Oh thanks, i didn't even knew this band . I heard of them, but never listened to. Sounds kind of like Rhapsody. Thanks!

Quote by mrbabo91
stranger in a strange land by Iron Maiden

you will thank me

I do not have somewhere in time, i heard its not that good because they used synthesizers or so, so i never buyed it, but the song sounds pretty good, maybe i should buy it..., thanks!

and WTF! are you kidding me
Quote by SonOfPest
Wolf and Raven - Sonata Arctica

wannabe a smartass or what!?
Smartassing back: any Cacophony song!
Last edited by soadhusky at Jun 29, 2011,
Priest's "Living After Midnight" and GnR's "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" solos were the first I ever learned, so I guess they could work for you too.
I'm struggling to think of songs that are heavy metal, especially power metal, that are slow and aren't ballads as well. Because otherwise I could rhyme off a hundred AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Guns n' Roses, Queen etc. What about Opeth's "The Leper Affinity"? Or some Queensryche?
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
Quote by soadhusky
I do not have somewhere in time, i heard its not that good because they used synthesizers or so, so i never buyed it, but the song sounds pretty good, maybe i should buy it..., thanks!

There's a general consensus among Maiden fans that Somehwere In Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son are their best albums, despite them having the most synthesizers. Not to mention the fact that they have used keyboards on every album and tour since as well.
fear is the mindkiller

CANUCKS
Quote by Glass Prisoner
Priest's "Living After Midnight" and GnR's "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" solos were the first I ever learned, so I guess they could work for you too.
I'm struggling to think of songs that are heavy metal, especially power metal, that are slow and aren't ballads as well. Because otherwise I could rhyme off a hundred AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Guns n' Roses, Queen etc. What about Opeth's "The Leper Affinity"? Or some Queensryche?

Yeah i allready aimed some songs from British Steel and other priest stuff.
I do just have appetite for destruction, so...
^^nah, opeth are tooo slow, and queensryche are ok, but i dont have a single album of them

Quote by AllJudasPriest
Here is what I would suggest:

Black Sabbath:
Seventh Star
Heart Like A Wheel
The Shining.

ah, i dont like these albums, i just like the albums from 1970-1075 and 1980-1983

Quote by AllJudasPriest

I like to listen to rudi pells fast songs, but i cant play them, and his slow songs are not so good.

Quote by AllJudasPriest

Demolition is actually the next album i wanted to buy! A Reaper album, and i heart its better then jugulator(allready have)
Turbo is nit my thing, i listened to it, but i didnt like it.
Defenders of the fate is kick ass, but turn on your light is kinda ballad, and its not what requested.
But anyway thanks!

Quote by TheEducatedFool
There's a general consensus among Maiden fans that Somehwere In Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son are their best albums, despite them having the most synthesizers. Not to mention the fact that they have used keyboards on every album and tour since as well.

well i just do have the first 5 albums, fear of the dark, and brave new world, they rule! i'll check these^^

Quote by SonOfPest
Nice, xD

they are kick ass, hah!
Quote by soadhusky
Black Metal Sucks ASS!!!
Nothing against you, but i will never play shit like that, not even for money!
But thanks for trying to help!

Shit rips brah. Get ova it o' get out.
Quote by soadhusky
Black Metal Sucks ASS!!!

What a tool
Philosophy > Life
Quote by Glass Prisoner

Buyed "Use Your Illusion I" today and then realized "Knockin on the Heavens Door" is on the second one. But still its amazing.
Also the newest Helloween album 7 Sinners, sounds amazing, i think its the heaviest Helloween album ever and the best, since Keepers 1 and 2.
Then I'd suggest...

Savatage:
Ghost In The Ruins!
Follow Me!
Damien!

Triumph:
In The Night!
Rock Out, Roll On!
Just A Game!
Child Of The City!
Edge Of Excess!

Crimson Glory:
Heart Of Steel!
In Dark Places!

Icon: Not many know them but the intro to this is Godly
Out For Blood!

High Tension:
Burning Heart!
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
Quote by AllJudasPriest
Then I'd suggest...

Savatage:
Ghost In The Ruins!
Follow Me!
Damien!

Triumph:
In The Night!
Rock Out, Roll On!
Just A Game!
Child Of The City!
Edge Of Excess!

Crimson Glory:
Heart Of Steel!
In Dark Places!

Icon: Not many know them but the intro to this is Godly
Out For Blood!

High Tension:
Burning Heart!

Thanks for Savatage. Its a good tip.
Thats the stuff i like, especially Damien.
Crimson Glory played in my town 3 months ago, and the hall is just 500 m away from my flat! I allready have tickets for the next years Keep It True Fest!
14 bands are allready confirmed, yay!
Quote by soadhusky
Black Metal Sucks ASS!!!

Quote by soadhusky
I allready have tickets for the next years Keep It True Fest!

These two don't add up
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Kepulix
These two don't add up

^^Keep It True is a True Metal Festival, there is no black, death, nu, emo-screamo what ever "metal" at all. There really perform just true metal bands.

Quote by progbass
Why is this abortion stil open?

what problem do you have?

Quote by beefcake122

a ballad, its not what i wanted, bud the solo is really good! Thanks!
Quote by soadhusky
^^Keep It True is a True Metal Festival, there is no black, death, nu, emo-screamo what ever "metal" at all. There really perform just true metal bands.

ahahahahaha
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Quote by soadhusky
what problem do you have?

He forgot the word "clinic" in there and just so happens to be pro-life

Don't discriminate, dawg, it's tough on the streets
Philosophy > Life
Quote by soadhusky

It is also a no-posers festival
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by soadhusky

Whoever told you that Somewhere in Time was a bad album because of Guitar Synths needs to be shot, because that's the best album they've ever released
If you're looking for solos to play yourself, you'll probably get less pompous answers if you ask in the Guitar Techniques forum

If it's stuff you just want to listen to, then the recommendation thread might be of use

Guys, stop being prats
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.