ive been trying to find the right sound to play Black Dog by Led Zeppelin. i have a VOX vt20+ amplifier, if anyone can help, please do. thanks! BB
For EQ just dime the treble, back the bass right off and put the mids about half way, depending on the amp. Try using a wah half cocked, I'm pretty sure that's not what is in the song but it might give you a sound you can work with. Middle position of your guitar and just get the balance of the pickups right.
He cranked his guitar as loud as possible straight into the mixing desk, creating natural distortion (for that song only). No idea how you'd recreate that...
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
Doesn't that amp have a preset that is supposed to give the sound for Black Dog? Not saying presets are always the best, but that should at least give you a decent starting point. Either that, throw it on the preset for uk rock and turn the volume up. If you can get the distortion sounding right and approximate the tone, the rest is just gonna come down to your guitar and playing style. Page didn't normally have the most intentionally subtle tones when it came to his electric playing in early zep.

Also, pretty sure this doesn't belong in the pit.
"Sup cracka? Best be takin' me for a walk, son. Gon' do a lap and take a look at all dem fine ass bitches at the park, yo."

Just like that.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by BuckinFuffalo
put everything at 11. if you cant do that, get a new amp!

This.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by TheBurningFish
"Sup cracka? Best be takin' me for a walk, son. Gon' do a lap and take a look at all dem fine ass bitches at the park, yo."

Just like that.

no thats black dawg your thinking of
Quote by BuckinFuffalo
put everything at 11. if you cant do that, get a new amp!
Peavey make an amp that goes to 12.

Your meme is invalid.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Wikipedia is your friend

"We put my Les Paul through a direct box, and from there into a mic channel. We used the mic amp of the mixing board to get distortion. Then we ran it through two Urei 1176 Universal compressors in series. Then each line was triple-tracked. Curiously, I was listening to that track when we were reviewing the tapes and the guitars almost sound like an analog synthesizer"