I've been looking at buying a seven string guitar. And i had a look at the ESP LTD MH-417 because it's resonably priced and has all i need. But i was wonder whether it would benefit if it had a locking nut although it doesn't have a tremelo/whammy bar system.
Quote by mark256
I've been looking at buying a seven string guitar. And i had a look at the ESP LTD MH-417 because it's resonably priced and has all i need. But i was wonder whether it would benefit if it had a locking nut although it doesn't have a tremelo/whammy bar system.

you'd have to get a tailpiece with fine tuners to make that i viable idea. if you play heavy handed then it might benifit you however locking tuners may be a more practical approach.
How about locking tuners?
Edit: Ninja'd
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

I doubt it'd even need the locking tuners to stay in tune, though I think they're always a treat to have. What's really crucial IMO is a good & well cut nut.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah