OK, I know quite a bit about amps, but this is something that has been getting mixed answers/opinions for years now.

I'm after a small all-valve amp for recording, band practices and maybe eventually some small gigs.

I'm almost sure I want a Tiny Terror. 15w, within-budget, gorgeous tone for blues and I have a Russian Muff that I can use with it for Stoner Doom.
The issue would be a cab and, as I was hoping to mess around with the amp with a bass as well, I thought I'd just use an old bass 4x10 I've got lying around.

This brings me to my questions. Would there be any danger using a 15W amp with a 400W bass cabinet? I've heard different answers from almost everyone i've ever heard talking about it. And if there was no danger, would it be really quiet because of not a lot of power getting to each speaker?

Thanks.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
There's no danger (as long as you match impedance), and it won't be quieter. There's still plenty of power getting to the speakers. 400W is the maximum the cab can handle, but the speakers are still just as sensitive as lower handling speakers. Under-powering speakers is really rare. Half a watt will move the magnets in a 4x12 just fine.
[/thread]

should be anyway, nothing else to say
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Thank you, that's awesome.

(not a bump, it's already at tope of page )
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think