Page 1 of 2
I presume that most of you make playlists of music whenever you are doing something, e.g. cooking, doing laundry, cleaning, homework, wanking etc. Anyone care to share what it is they listen to while engaging in the endless labors of the day?

My shower playlist for the day consisted of the following:

Beherit-Axiom Heroine

Melechesh-Ladders to Sumeria

Infernal War-Spill The Dirty Blood of Jesus

Darkthrone- Transilvanian Hunger

It was a glorious shower filled with plenty of water dripping from the ceiling due to mandatory headbanging and black metal poses a la Immortal.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
I just listen to certain albums on certain occasions. I really like Kvelertak as shower music, chilly bike rides to places are perfect for Darkthrone, Drudkh or whatever, and on sunny days I like to listen to Stoner or Doom. When I'm happy I listen to Death Metal.

Oh, and when I'm drunk I always listen to Electric Wizard.
I like to put on Portal when I'm drunk or high.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Aye, albums for moods/occasions/environments. For example, Agalloch - The Mantle and Moonsorrow - Kivenkantaja constitute the apex of snow music, the former for drearier moods and the latter for jollity and adventure! Oh, and Suffocation when I kill people.
I enjoy listening to Devil Doll Sacrilege of Fatal Arms when I am writing papers.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by The Virtuoso
I like to put on Portal when I'm drunk or high.

I remember being drunk/stoned and listening to Portal in the absolute dark at a friends house once. It was terrifying.

I usually listen to something like Agalloch, WIITR or the like while going for walks in the forest area by my house at night. It's quite nice.
Playlists are not stupid!

Blind Guardian-The Eldar

Demons and Wizards- Fiddler on the Green

Uriah Heep-Rainbow Demon

King Crimson-Moonchild

Bam! Beat that shower mix!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Linkin Park's first two albums whilst playing Tekken 5 has been a recent playlist.

That's about all I can say that specifically for activities really, but usually some Atheist, Cynic's Focus or Death (ITP, or sometimes Human) when I'm out chilling on a beautiful day. And maybe some Miles Davis' Kind of Blue or Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble for some late-night musak.
Quote by Sanitarium91
Linkin Park's first two albums whilst playing Tekken 5 has been a recent playlist.

That's about all I can say that specifically for activities really, but usually some Atheist, Cynic's Focus or Death (ITP, or sometimes Human) when I'm out chilling on a beautiful day. And maybe some Miles Davis' Kind of Blue or Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble for some late-night musak.

You sigged my wonderful story.
I was listening to either Skepticism-Alloy,Ildjarn-Hardangervidda or Shape of Despair-Illusion's Play or all three before bed to wind down for many months in the winter. My playlists always change, i have over 50 on my ipod I'm pretty sure.They are usually 30 songs+.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

I actually don't have a playlist. I listen to whatever the **** I feel like at the time.

Plus I'm a youngin' and I live with my mom, and she despises my music for the most part.

She's into John Petrucci though, she says it just gets on her nerves after a while.

Therefore, my point being that I cannot just blast music for no reason around the house.
John Petrucci gets in my nerves after one solo
Quote by Steve08

Bob Dylan is my mantatory listen on the way to the work in the morning. He just makes me feel slightly better before a day in the hellhole
Well, today I provided the music for the football team while we lifted weights so I made a playlist of well known bands that included

Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Rush
Dio
AC/DC
Van Halen
Pink Floyd

I tried to make it tolerable for everyone on the team.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
i don't make playlists anymore. listening to whole cd's ftw! it all depends how im feeling, theres no certain artist or album i listen to when im doing a certain thing.
Usually when I'm cleaning stuff I have a different mood for each room.

My Room - Trivium(Ascendancy), Necrophagist(Epitaph), and The Faceless(Akeldema) come up alot.
Kitchen - Godsmack, Tool, Evans Blue, and Deadlock come up aot for it.

Living Room - Usually catchy stuff like Danko Jones, Jet Black Stare, Shinedown, Seether, Breaking Benjamin.
Dad's Room - Scar Symmetry, Avenged Sevenfold, O.S.I., Into Eternity, and Killswitch Engage.
Dont really have a playlist, but I find that listening to Bestial Warlust or Scythian on the bike at the gym makes me go hell for leather. Seriously, try it - I hate heavy metal for weight training, but its unreal for getting the adrenaline flowing for the bike.

Other than that, it differs greatly except for some instances that Ive come back to recently -

Walking home drunk - Cauldron Born - Born of The Cauldron
Before work - Brocas Helm - any album
Drinking before the pub - Motley Crue/Venom/The Gates of Slumber

Also, the huge desolate site behind my house is killer for lying out and listening to Vulpecula.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
^ What is wrong with listening to metal for weight lifting?
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Quote by Crazed Shredder
Well, today I provided the music for the football team while we lifted weights so I made a playlist of well known bands that included

Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Rush
Dio
AC/DC
Van Halen
Pink Floyd

I tried to make it tolerable for everyone on the team.

Tolerance is gay
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
I just throw on some Pandora when I am at the house. So its usually some Emperor (and bands similar to Emperor LOL) and when I am riding my bike somewhere I listen to some Isis or Sepultura.. when I am in my car I like listening to bands like Cruciamentum.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
What can i say, i think he has terrible phrasing. It just always leaves me unimpressed.
Quote by Steve08

Why on Earth do you shower for so long, Virtuoso?

Also, for doing homework/school, it's hardcore/punk. Infest, Black Flag, Misfits, etc.
^ Haha, it's only for like fifteen minutes tops, typically I'll skip out early on the last track and finish listening while I get ready. I used to listen to Morbid Saint in the car, but it quickly became too dangerous; I do find that Hvis Lyset Tar Oss while driving at night on the highway is absolutely wonderful.

I've never been able to listen to music while working out because I work out with friends, but the last time I went for a jog I was listening to Hammerheart, any recommendations for running music?
Quote by Senor Kristian
My walking playlists always include plenty of Bee Gees, The Time, Shotgun, Jamiroquai, Lakeside,.

Funk and Disco, brother.
Quote by Riffmast
What can i say, i think he has terrible phrasing. It just always leaves me unimpressed.

I still love you.

Something about the first time I saw your little Charlie Brown head made my heart flutter.
I listened to Dopethrone while taking a shit once upon a time.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Dumpthrone?

Il get me coat...
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Ironic Maiden
I still love you.

Something about the first time I saw your little Charlie Brown head made my heart flutter.

GOOOOOD GRIEF

And nice one Strangle lol
Quote by Steve08

Quote by progbass
Tolerance is gay

Today I mixed in a Death song and it did not go over well.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Quote by Stranglehold
Dumpthrone?

Il get me coat...

I've made room in my tent for two big boy.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Crazed Shredder
Today I mixed in a Death song and it did not go over well.

We often hate what we do not understand.
Quote by Dyer's Eve
I've made room in my tent for two big boy.

All sexiness of that post aside, it reminded me that I need to buy a tent!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Botch or Nile for weight training. Actually, I just listen to Pandora or Last.fm with those as guidelines, then listen to whatever comes up.

I tend to listen to more proggy stuff later at night, and on the way to school early in the morning listening to ISIS is magnificent.

I don't actually listen to music in the shower normally, I just play it in my head and and use the shower head like a microphone (if no one else is home to hear).
last.fm
"the waves have now a redder glow..."
Last edited by RiffYourFaceOff at Jun 29, 2011,
Page 1 of 2