Page 1 of 2
sora0156
285 IQ
all you hear about is rap hip hop and pop blah blah lil wayne drake blah blah blah katy perry on the tv and all that junk. Will rock ever reclaim the throne or will we have to wait a good 100 years.
MrPrez
34 IQ
Nope, it never will. There will be a few "radio bands" but good ol' rock with quality instrumentals and all that will become further and further from popularity as kids grow up with pop and rap blasting out the speakers. I rate there will always be rock fans, but they will be a minority.
alkalineweeman
1,288 IQ
I'd bet you'd be first to complain when teeny boppers start listening to bands you like and screaming sell out.

Let the masses have the disposable crap that's made for them and turn off the radio if you don't like it.

I remember quite well in the early 2000's when Nu-Metal took over the charts and very rarely did i hear a "metal head" say anything good about the whole thing.

Do you really want these kids buying up all the tickets to shows you wanna go to?
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Baby Joel
6,275 IQ
How about you turn off the radio and find music you like, instead of complaining and degrading other people's taste in music?
Jazz Funeral
O.N. Original Nunt
16 IQ
I haven't listened to the radio, intentionally, in fifteen years or so. There's plenty of rock out there, but you can't rely on the masses to show you anything. Look for yourself. Check out some Jambands maybe, a lot of those guys still carry a good Rock torch.

Here's a few newer Rock bands:

The Auctioneers
The London Souls
American Minor
Ben Harper and Relentless7
Bobby Lee Rodgers Trio
The Dexateens
The Dirty Guv'nahs
Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
Howlin' Rain
Mother Hips
Jerry Joseph & The Jackmormons
Stockholm Syndrome
Leroy Justice
Lucero

There are plenty of new(er) bands that "Rock", just stay away from the radio, by all means necessary.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
BK202
The Shape of Jazz To Come
614 IQ
Quote by neidnarb11890
When is ragtime gonna take over again, that's the real question.

Finally, someone's searching for real answers.
Meelad360
Oli Sykes<3
846 IQ
Can we just have this thread deleted as well as sora0156's account?
Dpullam
UG's Cutest Pikachu
105 IQ
There already is good rock if you know where to look.
sora0156
285 IQ
Quote by Meelad360
Can we just have this thread deleted as well as sora0156's account?

lol who is this chump
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
We could say the same of you.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
Quote by sora0156
lol who is this chump

Lol who is this chump?
I'm an asshole.
westley23j
1,093 IQ
Sadly, probably never. As the world gets stupified by reality tv and constant news about whether or not the momma killed te baby, their attention span shrinks and they NEED music that lasts about 3:30-3:45 so their head doesnt explode. That leaves very little room for real musicianship and originality. Something that modern musicians are striving for. With that said, will rock DIE? No, but it will never be as prominent as it once was.
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Quote by westley23j
Sadly, probably never. As the world gets stupified by reality tv and constant news about whether or not the momma killed te baby, their attention span shrinks and they NEED music that lasts about 3:30-3:45 so their head doesnt explode. That leaves very little room for real musicianship and originality. Something that modern musicians are striving for. With that said, will rock DIE? No, but it will never be as prominent as it once was.

You my least favourite kind of person.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
BK202
614 IQ
Quote by westley23j

It's funny, because you're part of the world too.

You're dumb.
westley23j
1,093 IQ
I AM part of this world. Youre right. But i dont watch reality tv. And the music i prefer is MUCH longer than 3 minutes.
neidnarb11890
so bored with the USA
270 IQ
Quote by westley23j

Yeah, 'cuz rock music is some pretty highbrow stuff.
BK202
614 IQ
Quote by westley23j
I AM part of this world. Youre right. But i dont watch reality tv. And the music i prefer is MUCH longer than 3 minutes.

Just because music you like is longer than 3 minutes, it doesn't mean it has more musical talent or merit to be "true music". I've heard songs that are 30 seconds long with emotion and talent beyond most rock music.

You're dumb, and you should feel bad.
Meelad360
Oli Sykes<3
846 IQ
Quote by sora0156
lol who is this chump

Real dad, fake dad, etc etc
IommiPage
Mr. Ellen Page
2,506 IQ
Ehhh, I didn't think it will, or want it to come back in it's original form. As much as I love Zeppelin and whatever, it's not going to back to prominence in that state. Music has to be constantly evolving and moving forward. That's why I think a lot of the Top 40 stuff is on it's way out of popularity. That forumla's been so overused, eventually it will be replaced. By straight-forward rock? Probably not, we've already been there, it'd be boring to come back. Plus there's no space for it to grow, really. It's a genre that's already been championed by a bunch of bands. Besides, aren't the Black Keys or White Stripes quite popular? They influenced by the same guys that all those classic rock bands were, and they're making good music in this decade. It's not gone, but it's not going to "take over" again. There are still plenty of bands out there playing like Deep Purple, go find them if you're sick of Ke$ha (who I believe is also really into rock).
westley23j
1,093 IQ
Quote by BK202
Just because music you like is longer than 3 minutes, it doesn't mean it has more musical talent or merit to be "true music". I've heard songs that are 30 seconds long with emotion and talent beyond most rock music.

You're dumb, and you should feel bad.

Keep drinking your HATERADE. It is just my opinion on why rock music will never be in the limelight anymore. I could be right, i could be wrong. Do you ever see a song like "November Rain" be as successful in todays day and age? Nope. Too long.
slashermaster
kind of a dick
693 IQ
its sad to say rock can only stay alive for so long. and also if its gone for 100 years it probably wont come back
I like shotguns. thats all you need to know
smb
2,006 IQ
Quote by westley23j
Do you ever see a song like "November Rain" be as successful in todays day and age? Nope. Too long.
Too shit more like

I hope it dies and stays dead. Guitars are so samey
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Quote by westley23j

Because shorter songs can't possibly have the same merit, solely because they do not reach a certain time threshold.
bradulator
normcore
2,450 IQ
Shit on the radio has always been generic. *majority of 80s music* Popular music is more or less the same thing over and over again basically. "classic rock" gets pretty generic too. Quit being a baby, find your own music, the radio won't find it for you.
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,141 IQ
Quote by westley23j
they NEED music that lasts about 3:30-3:45 so their head doesnt explode. That leaves very little room for real musicianship and originality.

3:30-3:45 leaves little room for musicianship or creativity?

here's a short list of some people and bands who would disagree:

Earl Scruggs
Origin
The Ramones
Moonsorrow
Bill Monroe
Jimmy Bryant
Buckethead
Nirvana
John Coltrane
Racer X
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please. This as well.
asator
whatever
525 IQ
Quote by westley23j
Keep drinking your HATERADE. It is just my opinion on why rock music will never be in the limelight anymore. I could be right, i could be wrong. Do you ever see a song like "November Rain" be as successful in todays day and age? Nope. Too long.

So if I was to take a pop song and add another 5 verses, bringing it up to around 6 minutes or so, would it be a better song? No, it would be worse off because it would be repetative.

You're an idiot and most modern pop songwriters are far more creative and talented than your beloved classic rock bands.

Furthermore, I put it to you, sir, that you are adopted and I fucked your real dad.

Sincerely, Manterby.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
Quote by westley23j

..and with good reason. G&R is ****ing terrible, and November Rain is among their worst songs. Your opinions on music suck.
I'm an asshole.
turncoat60%
Errday i'm Russellin'
234 IQ
Quote by westley23j

no dont listen to these lady gaga lovers you're right. hell i skip the intro and outro to animals because they are under 2 minutes long. under 2 minutes! why write a song if you cant make it longer than 2 minutes. you know what im saying brother?
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
Lady Gaga > classic rock
I'm an asshole.
Last edited by lookpizza at Jun 29, 2011,
asator
whatever
525 IQ
For the record, Lady Gaga's latest single is 5 and a half minutes long. Just sayin.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Quote by asator

Furthermore, I put it to you, sir, that you are adopted and I fucked your real dad.

Sincerely, Manterby.

A new twist on an old classic!
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
sora0156
285 IQ
Quote by lookpizza
Lady Gaga > classic rock

and your opinion just went out the window