Hi! I was at my local guitar store looking for a good fit for me, and I have narrowed it down to 2 guitars. I am not a novice, but I wouldn't dare to call myself advanced... Looking in the under $800 price range, this is what felt good to me, and I'd like some input from you guys. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR ALTERNATIVE MODELS, only input and some pros and cons of either guitar. This would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

First choice: Includes case at store, antique burst color, ~$700
http://www.guildguitars.com/index.php/small-body/specs/GAD-301/

Second choice: Includes case, natural color, ~$650.
http://www.bedellguitars.com/performance-series/parlor/bedell-oh-18-g-acoustic-guitar

*these may be updated models of the guitars i have seen in person, but the specs are almost spot-on.

Any additional info thats needed, let me know! Any input will be helpful! Thanks!
Last edited by JakePWNS at Jun 27, 2011,
Brand thing mostly. Guild makes better mediocre guitars than Taylor and Martin if youre staying below about $1200ish. I've never heard of bedell. The Guild definatly looks and sounds nicer by what I read from those websites.
I'd go with the Guild as well. Bedell might be an awesome guitar maker, but I've never heard a bad thing about a Guild, which makes me inclined towards it. I generally prefer the sound of Sitka spruce, but that's my personal taste.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
i haven't seen any bedells, but i really like the guilds. they're very well made, nice finish and the GAD-30 and GAD-30R sound very good.

btw, the GAD-30 is larger than a parlor, the GAD-F20 being more parlor sized.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
this might be dead at this point, but I might as well give it a shot...

What are the major pros of getting it all set up with electronics from the get go? Its only $100 more, and I'd rather not jump for it, but if itll be better in the long run id like to consider it...
the major pro of getting a guitar with factory installed electronics is convenience. also factory installed electronics often have extras like onboard equalizer and tunner. on the other hand, you may or may not love the sound of the electronics that come with the guitar. having a picjup added aftermarket allows you to choose the best electronics for your personal taste. also it allows you to spend your entire budget on a better quality guitar, saving up to get electronics later.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!