Page 1 of 2
(I didn't find any threads on this, did search)

Came across the official guiness world record for guitar speed

It's 600bpm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVHVXopRmI8

I know it looks really fake, but it's on the official Guiness record site

I'm speechless, I didn't think the body could actually move that fast

(INB4 I know it's not remotely musical, so don't start)
He moves like they do.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Well it IS fast and definitely should be classed as a world record, but it sounded horrid the faster it got.
Quote by sakura'sdarkest
I bet he's that fast in bed.

Am I right guys?

I don't know, why don't you ask him to play it while he's in bed?

it ceased sounding like a guitar as he got somewhere above 400 bpm

EDIT: Good for him though. Must have took a shitload of practicing. And this is definitely not fake. Look at the clock and the people walking in the background. No way it got sped up.
Last edited by Lost Dog at Jun 27, 2011,
His picking hand looks really small... a possible dub over?
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
I think it's obvious anything played that fast would sound pretty shit so I can't believe you guys even bother commenting about it.

Anyways, good on him.
In the end it just sounds like a machine gun firing thousands of bullets.

I just posted the same comment on Youtube.
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Quote by BlacksailsTippa
I don't know, why don't you ask him to play it while he's in bed?

Because he hasn't left your bed for 24 hours and I don't want to interrupt you two whilst you're in the throws of passion

Quote by sakura'sdarkest
Because he hasn't left your bed for 24 hours and I don't want to interrupt you two whilst you're in the throws of passion

There's always room for you to interrupt, I'm usually extremely exhausted at just the thought of playing it at 600bpm. In bed.
I don't think it's fake. If it's in the books, then Guinnes must have sent someone over to make sure and to confirm. They wouldn't just give out records to YouTube videos.
Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
Jesus there's a lot of shite at the beginning....

EDIT: Amazing accuracy and playing but I don't understand how his tone is so bad.....
Last edited by conor-figgy at Jun 27, 2011,
If there wasn't any shitty distortion, the officials would tell if he was playing it right.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Whoa, i surely wouldnt want to listen to tunes like that on my ipod, but that really took the man alot of hard work to achieve, props to him !
Maybe it sounds better in person, but the tone through the camera sounds awful haha.
"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you."
"Why is it like.. top secret?"
"No."

Last.fm
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']He moves like they do.

touche sir

EDIT: What would even be the point of playing it that fast? It sounds like a distored gaggle-****. And it's kinda impressive how he looked so animated when he was doing it
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Last edited by bass-man9712 at Jun 27, 2011,
Of course, we had to have a bunch of elitist pricks on UG to comment on his tone

Obviously, it sounds like shit. It's 600bpm. The most beautiful song in the world would sound terrible at that speed. That's not the point. I congratulate this guy
pinga
After watching that, my hands are in pain.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by Cb4rabid
Of course, we had to have a bunch of elitist pricks on UG to comment on his tone

Obviously, it sounds like shit. It's 600bpm. The most beautiful song in the world would sound terrible at that speed. That's not the point. I congratulate this guy

It would have sounded better with a clean tone, plus it would have been more challenging.
Quote by genghisgandhi
It would have sounded better with a clean tone, plus it would have been more challenging.

Sure, but I still don't think that's the point. I don't play guitar so I can't really comment much on the tone anyway, but the nerve of some people is just...ugh. If you don't like the tone, that's fine, but atleast see the video for what it was intended for, don't just say LOL OMG EWW HIS TONE SUX W0W WAT N00BS.
pinga
See kids? This is how fast you can play when you stop anchoring!
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
Quote by Cb4rabid
Sure, but I still don't think that's the point. I don't play guitar so I can't really comment much on the tone anyway, but the nerve of some people is just...ugh. If you don't like the tone, that's fine, but atleast see the video for what it was intended for, don't just say LOL OMG EWW HIS TONE SUX W0W WAT N00BS.

The reason I don't like his tone is because the notes are indistinguishable, which makes the record seem less believable. I could shit on my guitar and cease and it'd sound the same. A solid, clear tone would make it even more amazing.
Page 1 of 2