Can anyone tell me if the Aqua Puss Delay would be a good purchase for that Stone Roses/Smashing Pumpkins short delay/echo sound ? Cheers.
Yeah near enough exactly like that, something controllable and not really insane.
I am happy to come across someone who likes that kind of music here (seems its a metal only board!).

Unfortunately I don't know that pedal but I have the Electro harmonix memory toy and does a great job on that style. I play also "Enjoy the silence" by Depeche Mode. It nails it, you should consider it!
The Memory Man are fantastic but i can't really afford one, plus none of the local shops in Manchester stock them, i tried the Echo#1 from EH and though it was awful, a real let down. Seen and heard some good things about the Aqua Puss and Noel Gallagher uses it for a few crazy oscillation things.
The Echo#1 is digital and terrible, it's nothing like the Memory Boy units which are analog.

Keep in mind Memory Boy != Memory Man.
No not the Memory Man, thats super expensive. The memory TOY. It's 90 USD it's super awesome and has a lot versatility (from Interpol to Arctic Monkeys).

The Aqua Puss seems expensive too.
Need to find somewhere that stocks both and have a trial, never try before you buy. Cheers for the replies anyway guys
IMO the aquapuss doesn't have enough delay time for quite a few applications.
they are 300ms IIRC. i would take (and did buy) a malekko 616, which has IIRC 600ms of delay, not to mention a very controlable modulation, that will do wicked things.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by WtrPlyr
Very controlable modulation on the 616? That's the first time I hear that.

i don't seem to have a problem getting it. it does take some time to get it dialed in, but its not that bad. i would certainly take the 616 over the CC. and if you don't want the modulaton, just push a button.

and not to mention i practically stole if from TGP for $90 shipped. CC's for about that or over that most of the time when buying used online.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^^Yeah but everyone hates the CC anyway...

Id imagine from what ive heard, the Aqua Puss is warmer than the 616... But brighter than the CC.

Aqua puss is cheaper than the 616, so im thinking of going down that route myself.

If you need a year of delay time get a digital delay
Quote by beckyjc
^^Yeah but everyone hates the CC anyway...

Id imagine from what ive heard, the Aqua Puss is warmer than the 616... But brighter than the CC.

Aqua puss is cheaper than the 616, so im thinking of going down that route myself.

If you need a year of delay time get a digital delay

this is quite honestly the first time ive ever heard anything bad said about it. its simple to use, not very expensive, analog, and has the best sound quality compared to anything in its price range and above