Hey guys, so I'm getting a job soon and looking to upgrade to a mid-range guitar suited for metal or upgrade my RR3 cause my band is getting serious.

I've come down to two guitars in the same price range: the Jackson RR24 and the PRS SE Torero. The body shapes are vastly different, but both are beautiful guitars and the specs are similar: Neck-thru, OFR, EMG 81, 24 fret neck, 25.5 scale length. What are your opinions on these guitars?

Now, I already have an RR3, but it's not very good to play anymore owing to the bad condition of the LFR, in addition to it only having 22 frets, having a bolt on neck, and passive Duncans. Which brings me to the third option, which is to replace the LFR with and OFR for about $200 instead of buying a new guitar. That would be the cheapest option, but I would have to live with everything else.

What should I do guys?
Thanks for reading.
Rig:

Jackson RR3
Jackson DX10D
Randall RH150 G3
Peavey 412MS
Morley wah pedal
Line 6 Spider IV 15W
Pick up the PRS. Im biased as I own one, but when I picked it up the first time it really did want to be played. I dunno what it is but it was yelling 'play me damnit!' so I did, then bought it.
Compared to the esp/ltd mh-1000 (same price) and ibby stm totman iceman (my buddy bought both) this guitar plays way better. Sounds the same as the esp, but feels way more solid, and despite the flat top is really comfortable to play. Build quality is miles above the price range IMO.
Yes, I'm leaning towards the PRS too because of PRS' reputation for build quality. I've always wanted one, but none I ever tried were any good for shredding, tone and playability wise. That is, until they released this one.
Rig:

Jackson RR3
Jackson DX10D
Randall RH150 G3
Peavey 412MS
Morley wah pedal
Line 6 Spider IV 15W
RR24 is fucking amazing. But yeah, they are the same in everything in size and feel. You really should buy the one that fits you best.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by RR3tran
Yes, I'm leaning towards the PRS too because of PRS' reputation for build quality. I've always wanted one, but none I ever tried were any good for shredding, tone and playability wise. That is, until they released this one.

PRS' reputation is based on the USA made ones. The SE series aren't bad either, but the RR24 is at least built just as well.
You can always block the tremolol of your RR3 with a block of wood, making it a hardtail. Than keep the RR3 as backup guitar. Personally I'd pick the Torero, just because of the 2 pickups. I'd miss a neckpup on the RR24
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
PRS' reputation is based on the USA made ones. The SE series aren't bad either, but the RR24 is at least built just as well.
You can always block the tremolol of your RR3 with a block of wood, making it a hardtail. Than keep the RR3 as backup guitar. Personally I'd pick the Torero, just because of the 2 pickups. I'd miss a neckpup on the RR24

The SE series is quite nice... but not as nice as the USA ones, however, if the SEs I've played so far are indicative of the quality of the SE series then they are very solid instruments.

I've tried the Torrero and the RR... one of the key difference is the width of the neck... I find Jackson necks practically paper thin. Ironically, I find it very hard to chord and play arpeggios on the RRs. If you're gonna make a decision, I recommend you have both side by side for trial and testing before making a decision.

If you're like me, you might also want to consider some of the RR shaped guitars by Edwards.

However, personally I'd go for the Torrero over the RR... as LP_CL mentioned, the lack of a neck pickup can be quite irritating occasionally.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Personally, I think the value of USA made guitars is over rated. I've found several Japanese and Korean made guitars to be just as good as US made ones.

ragingkitty, you say the key difference is neck width, then refer to Jackson necks being paper thin. Wouldn't that be neck thickness instead?

The loss of neck pickup isn't much of a sacrifice to me. I never use it. Besides, I've heard active EMG's don't produce a very good clean. The loss of extra wiring along with the neck pickup might improve my bridge tone.

Thanks guys, I think I'll get the Torero.
Rig:

Jackson RR3
Jackson DX10D
Randall RH150 G3
Peavey 412MS
Morley wah pedal
Line 6 Spider IV 15W
Both have Korean made OFR's
Rig:

Jackson RR3
Jackson DX10D
Randall RH150 G3
Peavey 412MS
Morley wah pedal
Line 6 Spider IV 15W
Quote by RR3tran
Personally, I think the value of USA made guitars is over rated. I've found several Japanese and Korean made guitars to be just as good as US made ones.

ragingkitty, you say the key difference is neck width, then refer to Jackson necks being paper thin. Wouldn't that be neck thickness instead?

The loss of neck pickup isn't much of a sacrifice to me. I never use it. Besides, I've heard active EMG's don't produce a very good clean. The loss of extra wiring along with the neck pickup might improve my bridge tone.

Thanks guys, I think I'll get the Torero.

Looks so good in blue and red. I got the grey one but it grew on me.
Quote by RR3tran
ragingkitty, you say the key difference is neck width, then refer to Jackson necks being paper thin. Wouldn't that be neck thickness instead?.

Ah yeah thickness... well you got the idea so thats more important.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.