I'm pretty new when it comes to guitar hardware and stuff like that, and I'm wondering if I can put a Floyd Rose, or Bigsby tremolo tailpiece on this guitar:

http://www.highlandguitarcompany.com/HEG-790.html

I don't know what features would enable this, or if you can tell just by looking at the guitar.

Help would be much appreciated, thank you!
Note: The Floyd Rose or Bigsby aren't the limits to the type of whammy bar I would like on it, just about anything would do
You can go with a Bigsby, a Kahler (I think they have models that will fit on a TOM equipped guitar, but I've never tried any of their trems), and the stetsbar is an option too.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
You can go with a Bigsby, a Kahler (I think they have models that will fit on a TOM equipped guitar, but I've never tried any of their trems), and the stetsbar is an option too.

yep, those are about it. kahler makes one, stetsbar, and les trem will work with TOM, but are all spendy.
bigsby would take some modding to make work. anything else requiring routing would depend on how hollow it is and would be an intense task. routing the back for springs and claw, a hole all the way through, etc.
Right on thanks a lot! I would definitely like to avoid modding, if I could have one just installed as is that would be much preferred. I'll check the others out, I definitely enjoy the look of the Stetsbar though. the Kahler looks nice as well.
An option would be a bigsby b3, or b7. If you were to use a vibramate you would be able to put it on there with only 1-2 holes drilled unseen at the strap button. this would give good sustain and be a reversable mod.

Go to your local and check out a bigsby equipped gat to see if you like it. The only problem would be the bigsby is rather pricey but generally the most suitable for that kind of gat.
Setsbars look a little off in my opinion on a hollowbody, but the les trem woukld be a cheaper alternative to the bigsby (if a little less flashy)

The bigsby would still use the old saddles unlike the kahler. The stetsbar ive seen at the music store here has its own saddles built into the unit so it would expose the tom mountings
Last edited by NZGUITARIST at Jun 27, 2011,