Yep, that's an S470 from like 2006, somewhere in there. Deep Flat Violet is the color, I believe it to be called.
I don't mean to be shrew, but it's called Transparent Lavender Blue.

Kind of funny, actually.

Ibanez has (had) some really weird color names.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Yep, that's an S470 from like 2006, somewhere in there. Deep Flat Violet is the color, I believe it to be called.

the seller says it's a 2001.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Well then the Transparent Lavender Blue is from 2006. Basically, the same guitar, except with a quilt top.

I just googled, and that finish was introduced in 2003, same year as the S470 line was introduced.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Well then the Transparent Lavender Blue is from 2006. Basically, the same guitar, except with a quilt top.

I just googled, and that finish was introduced in 2003, same year as the S470 line was introduced.

ahh. do you know what kind of tremolo that uses?
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

the trem was my next question.

if it is a 2006, it should have the ZR temolo, but that does not look like a ZR.

what do you all think?
Quote by larson8er
the trem was my next question.

if it is a 2006, it should have the ZR temolo, but that does not look like a ZR.

what do you all think?

I have a ZR and it most definitely isn't that. It's some sort of Edge:

It's not an Edge II or III, that's for sure.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

so should i jump on it buy it now, or just bid it out and see what happens?
I'd go for it. 250 is cheap for a guitar, and that's a pretty sick purple.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

well it's $290 with shipping. i might see if i can jew them down on the shipping charges...

EDIT: no offense meant by my wording
what's the general consensus on the Lo-TRS?

due to age, will i probably need to replace/upgrade it soon, so something like an OFR?
They're not great, apparently the arm becomes wiggly after awhile. The tuning stability seems to go both ways, some people have all sorts of problems, some people have none. It's not great for fluttering effects either.

I'm pretty sure it can be swapped out for an OFR without any problems.
what about with a tremol-no? i'll probably get one since i change tunings A LOT, and need to be able to do dive bombs.
you can always get a d-tuna. Or if you get a ZR term, it comes with something similar automatically.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

does the d-tuna work for going from D standard (DGCFAd) to drop C (CGCFAd) ?
I don't think you can dive-bomb with a tremol-no. It's designed to block the bridge, so it work like a hardtail. If you need to change tunings and dive-bombs, you better get more than one guitar with a floyd.

@fearofthemark
D-Tuna's don't fit on low-profile bridges or many licensed trems, I believe.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I don't think you can dive-bomb with a tremol-no. It's designed to block the bridge, so it work like a hardtail. If you need to change tunings and dive-bombs, you better get more than one guitar with a floyd.

@fearofthemark
D-Tuna's don't fit on low-profile bridges or many licensed trems, I believe.

So it only works for legit floyds? that's good to know.

Quote by larson8er
does the d-tuna work for going from D standard (DGCFAd) to drop C (CGCFAd) ?

nope. that's what a second guitar is for
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

@larson8er

It WOULD work, to an extent. They don't work quite as well as it sounds. It turns out there tends to be some balancing issues with them when in the drop mode, and it might not be perfectly in tune.

If your fine tuner was in far enough, you could actually drop tune using the fine tuner. I tried it once on a DBZ guitar with an OFR, and it works. Kind of scary though, I wasn't sure when the screw would come out...
Quote by larson8er
i think it's a 2003- 2007 korean made S 470 DVF (Dark Violet Flat), and it SHOULD have a ZR tremolo.

the color and the fretboard inlays match this model, so says the ibanez wiki:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300571799953&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

does that seem right?
maybe it has an aftermarket trem already?

The trem has Ibanez written on it, and it's definitely not a ZR. It's too angular.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

the tremol-no has three positions: locked (hard tail), dive only, and floating

this will probably stay in standard for a while, until i start playing more drop tuned songs.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
@larson8er

It WOULD work, to an extent. They don't work quite as well as it sounds. It turns out there tends to be some balancing issues with them when in the drop mode, and it might not be perfectly in tune.

If your fine tuner was in far enough, you could actually drop tune using the fine tuner. I tried it once on a DBZ guitar with an OFR, and it works. Kind of scary though, I wasn't sure when the screw would come out...

The low e string on a ZR trem has a super long screw for that.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

okay, so perhaps it IS a 2001, from the first set of korean s470's, but whats with the color, then? as far as i know, the purple wasn't offered at that time.

EDIT: also, the fretboard inlays, the "s waves" were not offered until 2003-2007, the same time as the purple and the ZR.
Last edited by larson8er at Jun 27, 2011,
ZR Tremolo:

Be safe, ask the seller what kind of tremolo it has. It's definitely not a ZR, and it's an Ibanez one. It probably IS a S470, because of the color and the inlays, but the trem is wrong.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
ZR Tremolo:
(Invalid img)

Be safe, ask the seller what kind of tremolo it has. It's definitely not a ZR, and it's an Ibanez one. It probably IS a S470, because of the color and the inlays, but the trem is wrong.

I just tested out my new ToneZone!

It's so beautiful!

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

^actually, it was RE-introduced to the US in 2003. there was a Korean made rum from 1995 to 2001
then what's the deal with the Tremolo?

haha this is driving me a little crazy here!
He swapped it, or someone else swapped it. Whatever cavity in an Ibanez guitar is swappable for a ZR is what's in that guitar.
Thats a Lo-TRS II or I i think. My S used to have the Lo-TRS II, and its laying around here somewhere. You can swap the II out for a floyd, but youll have to interchange the sustain blocks for it to fit in the cavity correctly.

EDIT: Just found my old trem and thats not a II. Thats gotta be the original lo trs i think
Rig:
Jackson SLSMG/Ibanez S470QS/Charvel DS-1 -> JCA100H/BV50H -> Carvin V212

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Some of my farts last longer than Axe does.
Last edited by CowpokeFromHell at Jun 28, 2011,
Come on, guys... that's obviously just one of the cheaper Saber guitars that they made before the ZR was even on the market.

The 470 was made in Japan, albeit with cheaper hardware than the 5xx and higher models.

This one says made in Korea, so it's an older S370.
Last edited by Pac_man0123 at Jun 28, 2011,
I think it's an S370
MIK= 3
HSH= 7
Trem=0

The S470 was only MIK from '95 to '01.
The S370 was introduced in 2003 and MIK.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Last edited by Woffelz at Jun 28, 2011,