is this amp good for death metal? like chelsea grin or medea rising(if you dont like deathmetal or metal core whatever you want to call it please still look it up for i need an answer quick) heres the link i want to sound like most http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEG--uMFmD4 or bmth old tone like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfeNOJNQy0s and if it cant please tell me an amp that can do this kind of music under 250
ps:i dont care if its used or not just please respond!!!!!!
It's good for metal, but I don't know about death metal.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Yes it can play death metal. If it can handle metal, then as for DEATH metal is just about the playing.

I have the 30x, and I play death metal all the time, it's fine.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
thankyou man....no you have the 30 right? well the one im thinking about getting is the 40xl...is there any difference in tone or just bigger wattage?
Just bigger wattage and maybe a little better tone.
Yep.
Dont you have a tuner?
nope my friend stole my boss one..lol..so i was just wondering will it work well enough...because it seems pretty cool to have a tuner right on there..
I'm sure it will work just fine.
lol sorry about all the questions..its just that ive had a fender front man my whole life and ive bought guitar after guitar for about 5 years now and havent thought about an amp....and i actually want it to play mu music....but i cant test it out my music shop doesnt support roland which sucks and there isnt a guitar center for about 120 miles...so im pretty much screwed...cheers!!!!
Quote by cheseagrinwh0re
lol sorry about all the questions..its just that ive had a fender front man my whole life and ive bought guitar after guitar for about 5 years now and havent thought about an amp....and i actually want it to play mu music....but i cant test it out my music shop doesnt support roland which sucks and there isnt a guitar center for about 120 miles...so im pretty much screwed...cheers!!!!

Why not try the other amps in your local store as well? You never know you might find something you'd like.
Quote by Syriel
Why not try the other amps in your local store as well? You never know you might find something you'd like.

well they had a line 6 which is good it just sounds too digitally for me...i want an up in your face tone thats great for deathcore but under 250.00...i can push it to 300 though if you know anything i can try to find and try out...help is always appreciated
the cube is definitely a better choice than the line 6. If you're looking at the budget modelers for high gain you could also take a look at the vypyr's.
Guitars
Amps
Quote by cheseagrinwh0re
thankyou man....no you have the 30 right? well the one im thinking about getting is the 40xl...is there any difference in tone or just bigger wattage?

No worries, yeah the tone would be about the same, just a little more juice, with another little perk or two in the amp, but not so much on the actual tone.
ಠ_ಠ

so is their any flaws with the amp you have encountered? and im not just looking at modeling amps just any amp that can do death core like what i am looking for and thats under 300...is their anything else better than the cube for this price?
If you could find a used vypyr 60 for that much I would def go with that.
Guitars
Amps
i played on one and i dont know almost all modeling amps sound digital i want something that is real...that screams metal
I think cubes are the best practice amps out there. I havnt had any problems with mine at all.
ಠ_ಠ

Of the budget modelers the cube or vypyr is definitely the way to go for what it sounds like you are after
Guitars
Amps
Quote by Matt15f
If you could find a used vypyr 60 for that much I would def go with that.

+1

I got mine for $315 used. It can do death metal no problemo. It doesn't sound digital to me outside of the noise gate problem - which I've heard there is a patch/fix for.
line 6 gets a decent death metal tone after the 75 watt, but ive heard the vox vt+ is good for death metal

im thinking on a 40xl myself