I know the body wood is different one V-II is Mahogany and the NV is Alder. just wondering the playability and difference in sound and feel. I really don't like the inlays on the neck of the NV but I think I could get used to it. anyone trying these 2 guitars out I need some help comparing the 2 thanks for your time much appreciated thanks again trying to justify the price difference
the NV isn't better just different. They're both ESP standard series so both are gonna be high quality. both have the same neck shape, neckwood, fretwood, and frets so i'd imagine they'd feel similar. the body wood on neck-thru V's would just be the wings so i don't think it'd make that much of a difference.

the main difference is the bridge and inlays. NV's got a nice/unique tremolo. the other's got a standard hardtail.
The NV is actually Kerry King's signature model from the early 90s with a different headstock, whereas the V-II is Dave Mustaine's old signature with different pickups and inlays. The V-II will have a slightly warmer sound and will be a hair heavier but they are pretty much the same. The only real difference as far as playing the two goes is the Kahler on the NV versus the stop-tail on the V-II. Some people say Kahlers don't hold tune well when bending, some say they're fine, I have no opinion as I've never used one.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
They're both ESP Standards, so quality will be about the same. I'd personally take the V-II< but that's because I don't like Kahlers, and I don't like the shape/inlays of the NV. The NV most likely has better fret access though, looking at the bodies.

The biggest difference sonically is that the NV will probably sound more biting and snappy (Alder) while the V-II will sound bigger, warmer and more powerful (Mahogany).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Metalfan41
The NV is actually Kerry King's signature model from the early 90s with a different headstock, whereas the V-II is Dave Mustaine's old signature with different pickups and inlays. The V-II will have a slightly warmer sound and will be a hair heavier but they are pretty much the same. The only real difference as far as playing the two goes is the Kahler on the NV versus the stop-tail on the V-II. Some people say Kahlers don't hold tune well when bending, some say they're fine, I have no opinion as I've never used one.

What? No!
KK Plays BC Rich guitars, Dave mustain went from Jackson to Dean... What the hell are you talking about???
Also no about the sound: V-II is alder, so it will sound brighter and have more bite, than the mahogany NV, which will sound warmer and fuller.

Look, it's no shame that you don't know this, but PLEASE do not answer topics if you don't know SHIT about the subject.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Jun 28, 2011,
Quote by LP_CL
What? No!
KK Plays BC Rich guitars, Dave mustain went from Jackson to Dean... What the hell are you talking about???
Also no about the sound: V-II is alder, so it will sound brighter and have more bite, than the mahogany NV, which will sound warmer and fuller.

Look, it's no shame that you don't know this, but PLEASE do not answer topics if you don't know SHIT about the subject.

Come hither child, t'is time for a story...

Dave Mustaine has worked with 4 guitar companies, BC Rich, Jackson, ESP and most recently Dean. He had 2 signature models with ESP, the DV8 and the Axxion.

Kerry King also played BC Rich in the early days but soon went to ESP after Jeff signed with them. He's only been playing with BC Rich again in recent years.

Here's a picture of the original ESP Kerry Ming model, first page on Google:

Here's the DV8:

Now, who doesn't know what they're talking about?
Quote by reeses

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Last edited by Metalfan41 at Jun 28, 2011,
Well look at that, we learn every day it seems. My apologies, I was wrong, and I threated you unnecessarily harsh. But you have to admit that:
1. the ESP KKV was a limited production of 400 guitars, and only made for 1 year and a half, and never got into production fully, because KK stepped into an endorsement with BC Rich.
2. Pretty much the same story for DAve's ESP's, except that the DV8 did go in production.

No one will think 'ESP' if they hear the names KK or DM.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
No, but those of us who know will recognize the V-II and the NV for what they were. The NV is really just their way of putting the guitar into public production, and the V has been around since Dave left anyway.
Quote by reeses

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Quote by LP_CL
What? No!

oh no! you have the woods mixed up. The NV is Alder and the V-II is Mahogany.. Ah yes right as I'm typing this my ESP V-II just got delivered. Yahoo!! time to open it up.
The reason I am asking about these 2 guitars is because I just got a V-II that just got delivered to my house 2 minutes ago. And yesterday I found the guitar I really wanted because it has a Kahler 2315 so I was thinking of getting that guitar also and then making my decision which one to keep. This V-II is a 2011 guitar and it is only 4 months old. And the NV is like 2yrs old. I need to open this box up and check this V-II out. thanks guys for the inputs much appreciated thank you very much. I'm a little nervous getting ready to open this box all I have to say is this guitar better be in good shape!!. awww