So, this is my 3rd New SH** Day this year from like January and im really hyped. anyway, this was a steal for $150, 2 packs of cigarettes, and a bottle of Jagermeister for the head and the cab together, 150w Crate BV150, matching 4x12 cab. and a footswitch. tubes are blown but still a good price i think. anyway, here are the pics

Here she is on top of a 1960a cab while i was testing it at SamAsh (didnt buy it from there, but took it there to get checked out, wont make a sound but its just all the tubes :/)

Refering back to the tubes, its got 6 poweramp and 9 or 10 pre-amp tubes. -_- guess whose paying more to retube his amp then paying for it?

Sexy Shot

Da Cab, nothing crazy, great sounding though when i hook up my flextone to it :P

And da back

cant post an official review on the head because of the tube issue (and possibly a fuse or 2), but the cab is very big sounding, great base response (closed back).

Does UG approve?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Last edited by EspTro at Jun 27, 2011,
Nice amp. HNAD!
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
HNAD! Wait you got the head and cab for 200 or 200 each.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
HNAD! Wait you got the head and cab for 200 or 200 each.

haha i guess you would think im lying,but yea $200 for both together

*EDIT* Im sorry man, i didnt pay $200 thats a typo, it was acually $150, 2 packs of cigarettes and a bottle of Jagermeister
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Last edited by EspTro at Jun 27, 2011,
*Jagermeister

HNAD! Sounds like a good deal
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by JAHellraiser
*Jagermeister

HNAD! Sounds like a good deal

ty for the spell check :P wasn't sure how to spell it lol
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Enjoy! I used to have that cab before I downsized. It's a solid product.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
how do you know it's just the tubes?

HNAD, i hope this works out for you.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
deezaammn!! 150 bucks!!! HNAD!!

did an associate say it was the tubes that were blown? or is that your observation.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Quote by iheartgun
deezaammn!! 150 bucks!!! HNAD!!

did an associate say it was the tubes that were blown? or is that your observation.

well i knew they were blown (my cousin didnt change them for 11 years, and he said the volume just cut out). i walked in ready to buy toobs, and the dude was like, you know, it might just be 1 tube in the sereise, no need to spend all this money. or it might be a fuse or something. so we plugged it in and i only saw 2 or the 6 power tubes glowing, and it made no noise. he recommended me to a tech that diagnoses free.
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
man a retube for that thing is gonna suck lol.
i just retubed my BV and it sucked
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

^ Why did it suck? Too much money? Or Biasing?

Good score if it is just the tubes or a fuse. You can't find those prices on just the heads.
Quote by Waylanderau
HNGD! Blue Voodoo FTW!! I'd like to get my hands on one of the 3 channel beasts actually, any idea how different they sound from the old 90s blue tolex BV120s?

no idea man, this is my firrst tube amp. but when i heard my cousin and his les paul custom going through this think a couple years ago, it was tone of the gods
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by R45VT
^ Why did it suck? Too much money? Or Biasing?

Good score if it is just the tubes or a fuse. You can't find those prices on just the heads.

meh it sucked because i dont like spending alot of money.

i got my tubes from dougs tubes.com and thetubestore.com it still cost over 130 bucks and then 90 for repairs and a bias.
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

Quote by iheartgun
meh it sucked because i dont like spending alot of money.

i got my tubes from dougs tubes.com and thetubestore.com it still cost over 130 bucks and then 90 for repairs and a bias.

$90 for repairs and bias is money well spent dude.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
oh i know...... considering the amount of repairs i needed.
it really boils down to the wife complaining about the money i spend on guitar stuff. lolol
so i dont buy as much stuff anymore.....even though im eyeing up an acoustic at the moment
lol
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board