Hey fellow UGers,
As my quest to get a good drive out of my Fender HRD continues, I stumbled across a mod kit that sounds pretty good. Has anyone ever heard of Granger Amplification? They make amps and some other stuff. Anyways they have 2 mod kits for Hot Rod Deluxes. They seem pretty cool, but has anyone ever dealt with these guys before?
If anyone knows about this it would be much appreciated!
Here's the website:

http://grangeramp.com/hrd_modkit.php

I think there is a video too, but tell me what you guys think about them, and which one is better (one is $47 and the other $176, so I'm assuming that the expensive one is better.) I would take it to a music shop to have a guy do it for me though. Sorry for the long post and Thanks!
wut. if you're gonna take it to a shop anyway you don't need the kit.

any decent tech should be able to un-**** that amp.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
wut. if you're gonna take it to a shop anyway you don't need the kit.

any decent tech should be able to un-**** that amp.

My only worry is that it will cost more if I don't bring him some materials.
nah man you're tech will have everything.

if you're concerned bout the premium kit...it's just a speaker and some tubes.

stay away from granger...there's better deals out there.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
^^ and a log taper pot too min. maybe a couple caps
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Why not retube it and go from there? I bought a complete kit for my Deville.
Eurotubes helped me choose a retube kit for clean on my clean channel and high gain on my lead channel. Cost me 73$ before shipping for a complete kit AND they have videos on how to bias your amp(easy with a simple multi meter). I recommend that because I think new tubes woke up that lead channel big time. Night and Day difference compared to the trash that was coming out before.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Quote by teamhex
Why not retube it and go from there? I bought a complete kit for my Deville.
Eurotubes helped me choose a retube kit for clean on my clean channel and high gain on my lead channel. Cost me 73$ before shipping for a complete kit AND they have videos on how to bias your amp(easy with a simple multi meter). I recommend that because I think new tubes woke up that lead channel big time. Night and Day difference compared to the trash that was coming out before.

Ditto. I re-tubed my HRD III with JJs and am extremely happy with the drive channel now. The clean channel is better too. I went with the JJ 6V6s. Sounds incredible now.