Page 1 of 2
Hey guys, So I'm 6'4 and 250-270. I want to be skinny, im sick of being overweight. Currently I work a hard labor job cleaning apartments, I carry alot of heavy things, and walk around the complexes alot, on top of this i am starting intense workouts with my football coach for mon, wed, fri every week for the summer untill football season starts, for an hour in a half each day (the workouts are), What should i do for my diet, I'm going to stop eating so much and drink alot more water and eat more fruit, but i just really want to be skinny, i am so sick of being chubby/fat and I want to be skinny for when i get done with my last season of football and when i get out into the real world to pursue my career and want to be skinny and in descent shape, thanks guys
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
I don't want to be skinny. Wanna share some of that fat?
"-How do you feel about libraries?"
"-I hate them."
"-Well, not anymore!"
*Cue commercial tune*
Track Library! - A library, for tracks. Ain't that somethin'?
do what i do
and
don't eat
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Try eating only organic food and drink only water.

Organic food, not because it's necessarily healthier, but because they don't make mcdonald's or dunkin donuts in organic.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Just stick to a healthy diet (salads with minimal dressing, lean meat if you're going to continue with red meat, fish, chicken, for example) and a regular exercise routine (which it looks like you're already doing) and you should get great results. Look into high intensity interval training (HIIT) as well.
Last edited by KeepOnRotting at Jun 27, 2011,
Quote by fearofthemark
Try eating only organic food and drink only water.

Organic food, not because it's necessarily healthier, but because they don't make mcdonald's or dunkin donuts in organic.

i rarely eat fast food or shit like that it makes me sick and i hate it but alright i will start eating more organic

u can also take protein shakes. they help give muscles some nutrients they need and they also help metabolize and burn fat
Quote by ampoverload
u can also take protein shakes. they help give muscles some nutrients they need and they also help metabolize and burn fat

They also provide massive calories, and are generally used for gaining mass, not losing it.
Quote by KeepOnRotting
Just stick to a healthy diet (salads with minimal dressing, lean meat if you're going to continue with red meat, fish, chicken, for example) and a regular exercise routine (which it looks like you're already doing) and you should get great results. Look into high intensity interval training (HIIT) as well.

alright man, and yea im cutting back on the meats, and ill look into it, i think i just need basically more exercise (which im doing) and eating better

Go to Nutrition and exercise thread. The above posters are idiots.

In my opinion, cut most carbs, especially High Fructose Corn Syrup, eat high protein, moderate to low carbs, and low fats with a calorie deficit. Exercise every other day.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
No breads, pastas or cereals.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
A pound of fat is 3500 stored calories. You need a calorie deficit. So, lets say right now you were to cut 500 calories a day, each week you would loose a pound of fat. Depending on how much you eat, you could even cut down 1000 per day. Eating healthy will not matter if you still eat a shit ton. Learn how to read nutrional values on food and that will help you.

And keep up with the exercise.
Organic foods often tend to fill you up easier and keep you from feeling hungry longer. And you'll never be skinny, especially with the kind of stuff you're doing. You'll be fit, though, and that's much better. And, of course, girls don't normally want to date a stick, so being 'skinny' isn't a great goal, haha.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Quote by CrunchyRoll
Go to Nutrition and exercise thread. The above posters are idiots.

In my opinion, cut most carbs, especially High Fructose Corn Syrup, eat high protein, moderate to low carbs, and low fats with a calorie deficit. Exercise every other day.

God dammit i hate it when people say this. Don't put limits on yourself.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Instead of 2-3 large meals. Eat 3 reasonably portion controlled and healthy meals, and a healthy snack in between each one.
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
Quote by Alexander_BR
A pound of fat is 3500 stored calories. You need a calorie deficit. So, lets say right now you were to cut 500 calories a day, each week you would loose a pound of fat. Depending on how much you eat, you could even cut down 1000 per day. Eating healthy will not matter if you still eat a shit ton. Learn how to read nutrional values on food and that will help you.

No, if you were to cut 500 calories from your caloric maintenance level, you would lose weight. If you only need 2500 calories to maintain your weight, and you normally eat 3500, you'll still gain weight if you cut 500 calories and eat 3000 a day.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
i didnt mean skinny like that, just like not fat or chubby haha, and yea i think its the shit i eat, i think i just got to eat healthier and less, well starting tommorow im going to try really hard, cause im sick of this thanks guys

Quote by CG Man16
God dammit i hate it when people say this. Don't put limits on yourself.

Yeah you're right. He should be put on a program of some power cleans, front squats, deadlifts, and snatches. An AM and PM routine, upper/lower split, with a Heavy/Medium/High weight rotation on a weekly basis.

It's better to start off slower and easier since he is not experienced. And there is nothing wrong with working out 3.5 days a week.
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by Alexander_BR

the way you worded that was a bit misleading

if you're eating 5000 calories a day and cut 500 your still going to keep gaining weight

burning the calories so you dont store them is a better way to think of it.

instead of just decreasing calories, exercising AND decreasing calories so you meet in the middle is more realistic.

you can eat a shit ton and exercise a shit ton,

eat barely anything and hardly exercise,

or eat slightly less and exercise more.

the latter is the best choice.
Quote by CrunchyRoll
Yeah you're right. He should be put on a program of some power cleans, front squats, deadlifts, and snatches. An AM and PM routine, upper/lower split, with a Heavy/Medium/High weight rotation on a weekly basis.

It's better to start off slower and easier since he is not experienced. And there is nothing wrong with working out 3.5 days a week.

If he can handle it, why not? Limiting yourself in any way is dumb, listen to your body and you'll know when and how much to work.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Well I did say calorie deficit, but I suppose lingo isn't the best thing right now.

Also foods high in fiber and fats increase satiety (which is how full you feel) compared to other sources at the same amount of calories. So you would feel full faster with less food. So go for whole grains and stuff like that.
Quote by KeepOnRotting
They also provide massive calories, and are generally used for gaining mass, not losing it.

completely false. gainer shakes do. not normal protein shakes. the ones i take have 120 calories. and since he is playing football he will be burning way more calories. not only will he cut fat he will put on muscle (not bodybuilder huge muscles either)

and u guys are forgetting that he has intense football workouts. the "low-carb" diets are bullshit btw. if you are working out and exerting a lot of energy, ur body needs carbs for energy.
Last edited by ampoverload at Jun 27, 2011,
i just want to cut like 50-70 pounds guys between now and the end of football season (early november) and eat right and when football season starts its 5 days a week starting the beginning of september

Quote by ampoverload
completely false. gainer shakes do. not normal protein shakes. the ones i take have 120 calories. and since he is playing football he will be burning way more calories. not only will he cut fat he will put on muscle (not bodybuilder huge muscles either)

A half scoop of most of the protein powders out there are more than enough for the body. Most people get way too much protein as it is.

One thing that always helped me was to eat a diet high in good carbs, good fats, and low to mild in protein.

I eat a lot of Avocados, tuna, artichokes, whole grain pastas, etc. Also, if your going to eat anything that has oil in it try to replace it with olive oil. Eat plenty of various colored greens. The upside to all of that was that it kept me full much longer. Eating the right kind of carb is great in helping you towards this goal since they don't break down immediately.

And meats don't have to be your main course at meals. I've lost a bit of weight just by significantly reducing the amount of meats that I eat.

And sodas.... have to go. Anything other than water, milk, and some juices that aren't high in sugar have to go.

Eat smaller meals too if you can help it, and get enough fiber. I tend to eat some fruit or yogurt for snacks in between the meals. It keeps me full and I don't go to my next meal prepared to eat a cow.

EDIT: your probably aiming to high for your weight loss goals though. Try something like 20-30 in that time period. If you lose weight too fast you can run into a number of other problems.
Last edited by XgamerGt04 at Jun 27, 2011,
Quote by XgamerGt04
A half scoop of most of the protein powders out there are more than enough for the body. Most people get way too much protein as it is.

Rage.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Quote by XgamerGt04

One thing that always helped me was to eat a diet high in good carbs, good fats, and low to mild in protein.

I eat a lot of Avocados, tuna, artichokes, whole grain pastas, etc. Also, if your going to eat anything that has oil in it try to replace it with olive oil. Eat plenty of various colored greens. The upside to all of that was that it kept me full much longer. Eating the right kind of carb is great in helping you towards this goal since they don't break down immediately.

And meats don't have to be your main course at meals. I've lost a bit of weight just by significantly reducing the amount of meats that I eat.

And sodas.... have to go. Anything other than water, milk, and some juices that aren't high in sugar have to go.

Eat smaller meals too if you can help it, and get enough fiber. I tend to eat some fruit or yogurt for snacks in between the meals. It keeps me full and I don't go to my next meal prepared to eat a cow.

EDIT: your probably aiming to high for your weight loss goals though. Try something like 20-30 in that time period. If you lose weight too fast you can run into a number of other problems.

Quote by CG Man16
Rage.

Yeah most people freak out about that.

I noticed that with a half scoop of protein powder and some sort of fruit or vegetable high in good fats my body recovers so much faster from a tough work out.

Oh... and CARDIO. Do Interval cardio one you get used to running.

Walk/Jog for a minute or so
Run as hard as you can for a minute or so
repeat cycle for awhile.

You can adjust the time period of both steps to suit you. In the beginning I walked/jogged for 2 and ran for 1. Now I do both at 1.
Quote by ripdime04
i just want to cut like 50-70 pounds guys between now and the end of football season (early november) and eat right and when football season starts its 5 days a week starting the beginning of september

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/

Sign up, get in the habit of putting everything you eat, it will help you stay focused.
Quote by XgamerGt04

I eat a lot of Avocados, tuna, artichokes, whole grain pastas, etc. The upside to all of that was that it kept me full much longer. Eating the right kind of carb is great in helping you towards this goal since they don't break down immediately.

once again (to the bold part) its false. Most protein shakes contain 25-35 grams in one serving. (yes, there are protein shakes that have much more but are generally intended for use throughout the day and not at one time) The average human body can process up to 40 grams at one time. Someone who is looking to lose fat and also build stronger muscles generally need to consume .9-1 gram of protein per lean pound of body weight throughout the day.

someone with exceptionally low body fat that weighs 160 lbs should consume 160 grams throughout the day (not just in protein shakes but in other foods as well) if they want to have to build strength and lean mass.

If all this guy wants to do is lose fat and not build strength then a much smaller amount protein will help in metabolizing and burning fat along with a proper diet and workout schedule.

protein consumption is based on your goal

and yes i agree with you about the carbs. carbs are great especially when exercising. and of course in moderation.
Last edited by ampoverload at Jun 27, 2011,
Quote by ampoverload
The average human body can process up to 40 grams at one time.

Less carbs. More running. More water.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM
migueltherocker: The retarded unicorn-fish of the sea

Quote by ShredHead396

Dude, that was just pure win, i laughed the entire way

first stack ^
Quote by ampoverload
once again (to the bold part) its false. Most protein shakes contain 25-35 grams in one serving. (yes, there are protein shakes that have much more but are generally intended for use throughout the day and not at one time) The average human body can process up to 40 grams at one time. Someone who is looking to lose fat and also build stronger muscles generally need to consume .9-1 gram of protein per lean pound of body weight throughout the day.

someone with exceptionally low body fat that weighs 160 lbs should consume 160 grams throughout the day (not just in protein shakes but in other foods as well) if they want to have to build strength and lean mass.

If all this guy wants to do is lose fat and not build strength then a much smaller amount protein will help in metabolizing and burning fat along with a proper diet and workout schedule.

and yes i agree with you about the carbs. carbs are great especially when exercising. and of course in moderation.

Way too much protein. Your supposed to get right about 1/2 gram of protein per lb. Roughly 15% of your diet should be protein.
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=50900

If you are trying to gain muscle mass then about 20% of your diet should be composed of protein. If your eating a lot more than this then your pumping toxins into your body.

And that is why you eat good carbs. Refined carbs are basically sugar to the body. Other good carbs like whole grains last longer as it takes longer to break them down.
Last edited by XgamerGt04 at Jun 27, 2011,

You already seem to be trying, so that's good. One thing I've noticed is that a lot of people who talk about losing weight and wanting to be skinny, but never get skinny; it's because they do absolutely nothing. So as long as you are doing everything in your power to lose weight and listening to advice and looking up stuff on your own, you should be good.
Just never become one of those people who bitches about their weight but doesn't try to fix it.
Quote by Colgate Total
I have my girlfriend's Facebook password. Which means she clicked "Remember Password" when she logged in on my laptop. Which means this is a test. That bitch.
Quote by XgamerGt04
Way too much protein. Your supposed to get right about 1/2 gram of protein per lb. Roughly 15% of your diet should be protein.

If you are trying to gain muscle mass then about 20% of your diet should be composed of protein. If your eating a lot more than this then your pumping toxins into your body.

And that is why you eat good carbs. Refined carbs are basically sugar to the body. Other good carbs like whole grains last longer as it takes longer to break them down.

All carbs are sugar to the body....... strong biochemistry knowledge

I guess all athletes are doing it wrong then.
Quote by XgamerGt04

Bullshit.
Quote by XgamerGt04

I disagree with almost everything in this post. Seriously, one gram per pound is excellent for keeping your muscles during a cut.

This study advocates about 30grams per meal for hypertrophy: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19699838

Carbs are still carbs, whether they're complex or not. Good for quick(ish) energy, but go to fat way too easily. I like mine to come in the form of fruits, vegetables and greek yogurt. No gluten at all.

Fats are high in calories, but do a ton of important things.

In conclusion. 50% protein 25% carbs 25% fats
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Last edited by CG Man16 at Jun 27, 2011,
Look into a book called Body For Life if you haven't already heard of it- has a lot of great suggestions from nutrition to workout techniques.
Got Djent?
Quote by XgamerGt04

This is true for someone that isn't looking to build a decent amount of muscle.

Once again. Protein consumption is based on your goal.

If you consume 1 gram per lean mass bodyweight but you are not "using" it. It can be dangerous. But if you are lifting heavily (and in football, u usually are) or using alot of energy from the muscles u need generally 1 gram of protein per pound of lean mass weight if you are wanting to build gains in strength and muscle

Someone who is just looking to lose fat and NOT put on muscle should consume the amount u r suggesting.

Someone looking to put on serious gains of muscle need much more protein then what you suggested

TS didnt say if he wanted to just lose fat or say he wanted to lose fat and gain muscle so...we are both right in our own ways.
Page 1 of 2