Alright guys, I made a thread the other day about my shitty saddles, and the general consensus was to have the replaced.

Now I need to know how to measure the string spacing so I get the right saddles.

I say this becuase I thought it didn't matter and then went out today and threw down $40 on some Graphtech String Savers but they didn't fit. They were too wide across, and when I am looking at replacements online they show string spacing width.

So any help with string spacing measurements would be helpful. Thanks
take a tape mesure or ruler and put it next to the strings, then see how far it is from string to string. It really is very easy. you may have to use sae or metric depending on the guitar, but most import guitars are metric.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
take a tape mesure or ruler and put it next to the strings, then see how far it is from string to string. It really is very easy. you may have to use sae or metric depending on the guitar, but most import guitars are metric.

This would be a nice easy way to do it if I wasn't such a dumbass. I took off the strings and saddles to inspect them closer and now I have no strings on my guitar to take the simple measurement, so is there any other way to do it besides wasting $6 for putting a set of strings on for 30 seconds to get a measurement?
Just put the saddles back on and measure where the notches for the strings are. When looking for new saddles, make sure they say bridge spacing and not spacing at 12th fret or the nut, although I don't know why saddles would say that instead of bridge spacing.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?
you dont have the olds strings anymore?

you could just measure the slots as opposed to the strings themselves
Good call you guys, as far as I can tell from the grooves in the saddles, its a 2 1/16" spacing from E to e so that should be good.

So now what saddles should I get? Should I try again with the string savers but with the correct size or should I go with the standard replacement bent steel? I've heard some people say the bent steel sound more "vintage correct" for strats but I'm really tired of busting strings all the time and am tempted to go with the new chrome string savers to still give my strat a vintage look but upgrade the string life
I'd go with string savers, especially if you plan on using the strat trem at all.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?