John Huston

John Huston finally slowed his normally quick pace as he walked the 18th fairway at En-Joie Golf Club. It was time to soak in some adulation after a long drought and it felt so very good. Playing in just his third golf clubs for sale, Huston shot a 7-under 65 on Sunday, taking advantage of three straight bogeys by the normally steady Mark Wiebe, and won the Dick's Sporting Goods Open by three shots. Huston finished at 16-under 200, earning a three-shot victory over Nick Price, who had a 66. Wiebe was another shot back after a 71. It was Huston's first win since the PGA Tour's 2003 Southern Farm Bureau Classic with golf clubs for sale. "Every time you tee it up, in the back of your mind you're hoping you'll win," said Huston, who turned 50 on June 1. "It certainly feels good to go ahead and get a win early. Anytime you win anything, it feels good. "Myself, I won seven times (on the PGA Tour) and I probably didn't enjoy it as much, you know golf clubs for sale. I took it for granted a little bit. I'm really going to enjoy this. Once your skills start diminishing, even a little bit, you start doubting yourself a little bit." Wiebe won two weeks ago at Rock Barn and began the day with a two-shot lead over Huston, but his string of bogey-free holes stopped at 75 when he bogeyed Nos. 12-14 to drop out of the lead. "I never really got the rest I wanted since Rock Barn. I think I was kind of spent," Wiebe said. "I hadn't made many mental errors. With my game, I have to really play flawless golf and I was doing a good job of golf clubs for sale, really limiting the mental errors. Then three holes in a row I made mental errors, and that's usually when I'm tired. I think that's what happened."