Poll: Do your parents like Metal?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do your parents like Metal?
My parents are Metalheads
5 2%
They like it
38 17%
They are indifferent.
90 41%
They hate it
89 40%
Voters: 222.
Page 1 of 3
Because i remember back in 1990 when metal was everywhere when i was about 11 or so i listened to metal in the car and my parents never said anything,but it seems in 2010 when i put on some metal one of my parents said to put on country,which in my opinion sucks.

So do your parents like metal?
Last edited by Axelfox at Jun 28, 2011,
My dad liked Ozzy a lot, and I expect he would have enjoyed prog metal bands since he was a huge fan of 70's prog rock.
My mom doesn't really like it, but my dad does
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
My mom does to an extent, but my dad can't stand it.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
She likes some. She likes Iron Maiden, some 'Tallica and Megadeth, Avenged Sevenfold, Ozzy, but mostly the softer stuff from those bands.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
I'm the only one in my family who listens to metal (and that's pretty much restricted to Iron Maiden, Godsmack, Dio, Motley Crue and Black Sabbath).My dad listens to country (not modern overproduced country, more like hillbilly country), blues, and Beastie Boys, my brother listens to modern country, and my mom listens to Stevie Ray Vaughn and Aerosmith.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Jun 28, 2011,
My dad says my preference in music is too repetitive. I listen to hard rock, some alternative, blues. He listens to old country. The three same chords for every song old country. Not that I dislike his music, I actually enjoy most of it. I just think its ironic he calls my music repetitive. Haha.
I love it, they don't. I don't really want to like the same music as my family... it feels good to be unique.
my dad doesn't like metal too much, but he likes stuff like Ozzy and Scorpions. my dad is more of a Rush kind of guy, he dislikes "growling" metal vocals.

however, i recently introduced him to Between the Buried and Me and he started liking them. go figure.

Rush and Btbam being my two favorite bands, i have no problem with this.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Meh, my parents are coo' with metal. But some things shouldn't be made out of metal, like toilet seats. Those things would get really uncomfortable to sit on in winter. And I mean what if you spilled some water on the toilet seat and then sat on it? Sounds pretty painful. Metal is a pretty good material and my parents can appreciate it, but they also appreciate other materials, like plastics and wood. Infact, I think that plastics are better than metal. WTF?!? Why isn't that a voting option TS? I demand that you put in the option, "I think metal is coo', but plastic is better." I'll just pick the in-between option. The one everyone else votes for in every thread.
my dad likes Black Sabbath but that's about it. they don't hate it though, they're just kind of indifferent. but they don't like anything with harsh vocals. it actually took me years to convince my dad that people can actually make that sound without any effects. even after seeing my band play live he didn't believe it.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
My dad likes Iron Maiden but that's about it. My mom hates it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
It depends. Mum doesn't like screaming or growling, but she's said good things about the more melodic/clean parts of bands like Periphery, BTBAM, etc.

Not sure what dad thinks of it. I know he's a huge fan of Prog Rock, he loves Pink Floyd, he's a huge Zappa fan, and he's largely responsible for me liking what I like today. He hasn't weighed in on Metal, though.
My mom doesn't like it. My dad can listen to it as long as it's musically interesting.
Check out my band Disturbed
Neither of my parents like it but if I want to show them a song I like they indulge me and attempt to listen to it.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by DJ_Effrey
I love it, they don't. I don't really want to like the same music as my family... it feels good to be unique.

Is this you?
My mom is into some 80's heavy metal (her favorite band is def leppard) and both of my parents can appreciate some prog metal like instrumental protest the hero, but they don't particularly care for it.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
They both like some of the stuff like Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Metallica, but I doubt either would like any metal from today.
Mom likes Guns n' Roses, Poison, Alice Cooper, and stuff like that.

Dad likes Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and things of that nature.

I love all of the above, and more.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
My mom hates even pop with some dirty vocals. She's more a Josh Groban kind of person.

My dad's extent is hard rock.
My mum loves Megadeth, Metallica, some Opeth and such

My dad does not.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
My dad listens to Black Sabbath. He says he doesn't mind some of the stuff I listen to but he doesn't like the vocals. Mum doesn't like it
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Page 1 of 3