Hello UG, I have to ask if its possible to connect my combo amp to a cabinet system.
My combo amp has a line in and a "phones/record out" which is the same size of cable jack. Is that all i need to connect it to a cabinet?... I need more volume. Any help would be appreciated.
Quote by CageTheGates
Hello UG, I have to ask if its possible to connect my combo amp to a cabinet system.
My combo amp has a line in and a "phones/record out" which is the same size of cable jack. Is that all i need to connect it to a cabinet?... I need more volume. Any help would be appreciated.

in order to plug a combo amp into a cab, there must be two speaker jacks for the cabinet you are running to use both the speakers in the 2x12 (or whatever is in the combo and the 4x12, which of course you would need to watch your impedence.

a phono out gives a very small signal,, it is the poweramp that is required to use a cab.

what amp are you using?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have a line 6 (1X12) spider, that i use in the clean channel along with my pedals. I was thinking of getting the bugera 2X12 cab or the carvin SX 2X12, i just can't afford a head right now so i was wondering if i can hook it up.
Not sure about that particular amp but usually on amps like that the phones jack sounds like sh*t. In other words the tone might be really bad.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
Not all combos will have a speaker out jack, which is what you need, which you don't have apparently. Just because it's the same size, doesn't mean it's meant for what you think it is.

I would recommend you just save up for a new head and cab.
Ooh, i see. I'll just wait to get a little 2X12 stack with a head then. Right now i can "just" play with a drummer
Yes. It's VERY possible and believe it or not somebody made a thread about how they connected their Peavey 6505+ combo to a cab not too long ago.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Yes. It's VERY possible and believe it or not somebody made a thread about how they connected their Peavey 6505+ combo to a cab not too long ago.

possible on amps with multiple speaker jacks yes, but without that no. a headphone out would be a fraction of a watt (just a guess, dont chew me out lol), that would barely be enough to make two 12" guitar speakers move much less sound good.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by TheBodomBullet

The 6505+ has a speaker out, the Line 6 doesn't. Have you even bothered checking specs of the amps?
Quote by Syriel
The 6505+ has a speaker out, the Line 6 doesn't. Have you even bothered checking specs of the amps?

but the guy pasically wanted just the head seeing how he used it with a cab only (iirc) so he disconnected it
Some amps that have only one speaker out are connected by a 1/4" plug to spade connectors for the speaker. If so, it's possible to remove the 1/4" and use a speaker cable to the cab.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
with the Line 6 no, unless you do a few minor mods. You would have to disconect the internal speaker, afix a 1/4 female jack to the speaker wires then the cab has to match the impedance.I belive the spider is a 16 ohm, or at lest my old one was. I tryed what you are thinking and just went and bought a head to make it easy.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate