Something has came up and i'd hopefully like to replace my ****ed up guitar with something else. my m-15 needs fret work and it doesnt even seem worth it to get it fixed. i figured just replacing it would be the best idea. i have only been playing for a few months. so far i like the epiphone explorer gt and the ibeanez rg120, jackson dinky seems pretty cool too. sorry for the mix up. im just trying to learn on something not so annoying and unplayable. im using a roland cube 15xl. i guess its a good thing I wont be spending so much so later on i can save for something really nice like a gretsch double jet. after i am intermediate of course. thanks for the help again guys.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
i got a epi les paul special 2 from a garage sale on a whim and i find myself playing it alot. not a beginner guitarist either. just recently bought a prs se single cut as well. maybe i got lucky with this particular epiphone but it wouldn't hurt to check it out.
i was thinking about looking into b stock guitars also.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Genres, new/used, location, etc.

It varies alot. Clean/blues/britrock: strat Metal/hardrock: Ibanez RG Rock/relatively high gain: Epi you know the drill. Give us info, u get comments.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Look used. Seriously.

Nearest major city? Style?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
my fault. im mainly into playing thrash metal along with rock, punk, hardcore, pop punk. mostly everything. i do enjoy metal mostly. i live in indiana. i would love to get a guitar that doesnt require much setting up.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
my fault. im mainly into playing thrash metal along with rock, punk, hardcore, pop punk. mostly everything. i do enjoy metal mostly. i live in indiana. i would love to get a guitar that doesnt require much setting up.

well, you got one of the two...

What's the nearest major city (ie what craigslist area are you in)?
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
michiana (northern indiana, southern michigan)
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
thanks man. ill check that out.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
seriously buy used. i bought a 1980 Gibson Sonex in for $150. the guy flat said that he needed money for beer, he posted the ad at 3am, i was there cash in hand at 3:30am. most of these sonex's fetch between $400-$800 IIRC.

i am by no means saying to get you to get something in paticular, but wait until somebody on CL is desperate for money, and has to let something go stupid cheap.

the end of the month and around the 15th are amazing on CL as far as desperate deals go. i hate to prey on the weak, but thats the way to do it if you want the most out of your $$$.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
thanks for the heads up.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
i ended up going with the epiphone explorer gt. always been a fan of the explorer style.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
i ended up going with the epiphone explorer gt. always been a fan of the explorer style.

is that the tiny one? Probably coulda found something better used, tbh.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
24 3/4" scale. i didn't think it was that much smaller. didnt seem like a huge difference to me.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
yeah you're right. thats shit is real small. nevermind.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Like I said, my ibanez is up for sale. very nice guitar. haha. I am definitely desperate for cash.
lol
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
i was hoping to get a new guitar.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
In that price range, you're definitely going to get more for your money. You can't even tell it's used. It's never left my house, and I barely used it. I just have too many guitars.
for your budget used will get the most guitar for your $$. I honestly can't think of 1 sub $200 guitar I would recomend to any one. But used you could get a MIM strat/tele at least a Classic vibe Squire, Epiphone studio/standard LP. but new you'll be in the SG pecial/affinity series range.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i just said **** it and did the 3 payments and went with the Jackson JS32T kelly.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Make sure you sell off your ltd on ebay, don't really need to mention the frets. Someone should buy it and you'll get some money.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Quote by romeozdistress
Something has came up and i'd hopefully like to replace my ****ed up guitar with something else. my m-15 needs fret work and it doesnt even seem worth it to get it fixed. i figured just replacing it would be the best idea. i have only been playing for a few months. so far i like the epiphone explorer gt and the ibeanez rg120, jackson dinky seems pretty cool too. sorry for the mix up. im just trying to learn on something not so annoying and unplayable. im using a roland cube 15xl. i guess its a good thing I wont be spending so much so later on i can save for something really nice like a gretsch double jet. after i am intermediate of course. thanks for the help again guys.

Ibanez RG120 + Roland Cube = Great!

I have both of those and I can tell you that it is a great combination for a great price.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Why hasn't anybody named rondomusic yet? The Agile AL-2000 is around $225 and it will beat the shit out of any guitar of this range.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

yeah i for sure wanna sell the ltd. i was thinking of that or putting it in our yard sale. not sure yet.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
if american music supply denies me for any reason i will check out that agile.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
24 3/4 is normal for Gibson. That's the distance from nut to bridge, so if the bridge is close to the edge of the guitar, the whole guitar feels smaller. Most people dont feel the difference in scale length as much as the overall length of the whole guitar. My son has a BC Rich Beast, which is the same scale as my strat copy (25.5) but the guitar feels HUGE to me. My Univox is also 25.5, but feels much smaller than my Raven, and is less than 2" shorter total length.
I love LTD's for their prices.
Quality builds most of the time.

My 200 dollar LTD played better than my 1000 dollar dean. So.... Yea.
I have the Squier affinity strat and its been working great all these four years. I think you should check that one out.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by Zerox8610
I love LTD's for their prices.
Quality builds most of the time.

My 200 dollar LTD played better than my 1000 dollar dean. So.... Yea.

thats a terrible benchmark for comparison. i am not going to turn this into a dean thread by any means, but seriously they have to be one of the worst major guitar companies on the market, as a whole.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
well i had a problem with american music supply. so its looking like ill be heading up to guitar center friday. my budget has grown to $300. last night i was looking at the esp ltd v-50, schecter omen 6, and ibanez rgs. they got 15 percent off which is cool too.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A