Hey I made a vlog refuting an islamic 'science' article,

Would like some constructive criticism on style, clarity etc etc because I intend to make more vlogs (on a variety of subjects) and I would like them to actually be good

If you disagree with what I actually say in it then thats cool, but please dont turn this forum into a debate (if you really do want to refute those points then leave a comment on my youtube or something)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISfL3VrRAMY

If anyone looks at this, cheers
Last edited by weorge at Jun 28, 2011,
Link?
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Don't you feel as though you're wasting your time trying to have a reasonable argument with these sort of people?
return 0;

Quote by jsync

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by genghisgandhi
You look so much like Beck. And your accent is very warm and inviting. Stop making me question my heterosexuality.

THIS.

Do you think you could record yourself reading a children's bedtime story...?

OT: I'm having trouble understanding your arguments... perhaps you should just write up your criticisms in an essay form?

edit: lol'd at the anti-matter part.
return 0;

Quote by jsync

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Last edited by Julz127 at Jun 28, 2011,
Quote by Deplorable
Are you Matt Smith's son?

I've had this question asked so many times that im beggining to think I may be!

And are you reffering to beck, the guy with the devils haricut? that IS new, but Im glad you like my accent (never heard it described as warm or inviting before)

Anyways in all seriousness thanks for the feedback! in future I will try and speak more clearly, not going quiet when I ramble on, actually making my points completely clear etc etc and i should be using my proper camera so that may help.

@julz127 I DO feel like im wasting my time with some people, but if people are willing to actually listen (as well as they can considering my inclarity) then they're probably worth the effort. in short Im not worried about hte people making the article but the people reading it.

oh and any particular bedtime story you'd like?

@macebre_turtle yeah that was me, I decided to just go for it and see what happens :/
Last edited by weorge at Jun 28, 2011,
Quote by genghisgandhi
Just finished watching, I enjoyed it. I haven't seen to many videos picking apart to Quran, so if you do more like these, I'd be interested in them.

Nice to watch for sure.
Quote by Julz127
Don't you feel as though you're wasting your time trying to have a reasonable argument with these sort of people?

In most cases it is a waste, but people do lose there faith quite often and I'm sure being given information by atheists is often part of that, so may as well.
It was interesting. Nothing really new, just religion being vague and taking credit, but it was pretty well done.
I enjoyed what I watched, but your delivery is a bit weak. If it werent for the fact that you're obviously intelligent and that you have such a disarming voice, I probably would have turned off earlier, despite the fact that I agree with pretty much everything you're saying.

I think really that you're kind of preaching to the converted. Religion's power isnt based in its logicality, its based in using the gullible and the uneducated as the core of its system of faith. Questioning minds are rarely devout in their belief.

Back OT: If you made another one in a similar vein, but with a more structured argument (I know you said you couldnt be bothered to put that much work in, but maybe consider making notes on your breakdown of the article and address each point etc) I'd probably watch it. Good work
I know you said you didn't want to sit and edit the video, but a visual aid would go a long way to making your videos more entertaining.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Stop looking at the computer screen and look directly into the camera. Engage your e-audience.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Just started, feel like you need direct eye contact. Your looking stage left

Edit:^Ninja'd
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Last edited by Funky_Fresh91 at Jun 28, 2011,
If this was a christian vlog (hate that 'word') this would have been reported immediately, so

coolvlogbro

*reported*

Why was anyone interested anyway? There's already a religion thread (multiple I think) in the pit. Go there.