if anyone saw my new amp thread earlier, youll know i bought a great crate amp with cab for $150, 2 packs of cigs and a bottle of jeiger. as of now, i found a tech that will give the amp a free lookaround to find any problems besides the tubes. probably a couple fuses or whatever.

Anyway, what are some good sources to find tubes for cheaper? im looking for 6 6L6's, and 8 12AX7's. yea....that many. any online jems out there that sell stuff like groove tubes for cheap? (those because those are the previouse tubes that were in there.)
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
tube depot. they have JJ's for cheap. JJ's are considered a lot better than GTs.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by BrokenDstring
tube depot. they have JJ's for cheap. JJ's are considered a lot better than GTs.

ive heard mixed reviews on their quality. stuff like them becoming microphonic after a couple weeks. u have any experience with em?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Oh yeah, I've used JJs exclusively for the past 2 or 3 years. They are without a doubt the best bang for the buck, and by the looks of it you're going to need to go that route. That is, unless you have like $400 bucks to spend on ch00bz I used them in my Valveking, Champ 600, AC4 and soon my AC15C1. I've never had an issue with them. Good luck with your amp, I saw your NAD thread and hopefully that baby comes roaring back to life for ya!
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Groove tubes are one of the most overated, overpriced tube companys out there. I have heard too many horror stories about JJ's also. I use Tung Sol tubes and they seem to work fine. If you want something that is really durable Sovtek tubes are proly the choice then. With Tubes it really can be a crap shoot some times. TAD seems to have great tubes, especially the =C= model, but they are a bit expensive.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I put JJ's in my 120w Blue Voodoo and there was a world of difference from the GTs.. highly recommended.
/rig
Quote by mespinos
I put JJ's in my 120w Blue Voodoo and there was a world of difference from the GTs.. highly recommended.

Same story for me, I put new JJ 12AX7s in my BV120 and they seem to be doing great, despite regular gigging stress, long car rides and my general incompitence and predilection for poking any electrical equipment I own with a screwdriver. JJ do seem to be the brand of choice for a lot of people, both on UG and elsewhere. As far as I know they both rebrand and resell valves from a variety of sources but JJ seem to have much better quality control. Groove Tubes seem to slap their name on whatever crates of untested rubbish show up from eastern europe. Don't get me wrong, you do get good GTs but they seem to be hit and miss as far as I can tell.
Tube Depot or The Tube Store. Tube Depot appears to have much better prices but I'm not familiar with their reliability and customer service. I have two experiences with The Tube Store and my order was processed quickly and accurately and arrived tightly packaged and in good working order.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
alright so it seems im going with JJ 12ax7's and 6l6gc's......heres the sucky part, i need 8 12ax7's and 6 6l6gc's.......curse tubes lmao its gonna cost me like $230 bucks just for new tubes which is more than what i payed for the amp! :P its ok, im guessign its worth it?
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
A time machine and set it to Al's TV repair or 1964 K-mart.

those tube stores with their "matched sets" are all ripoffs. I buy tubes from private sellers on eBay.
i've generally ordered from eurotubes, been pretty happy with them.
Guitars
Amps
idk if ill have to start a new thread on this but how are sovtek tubes vs JJ's? in reference of price/quality? the amp tech i took my amp too said he always retubes with sovteks for customers, but i can have him get JJ's if thats my preference.
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
dont put groove tubes back in it

my bv 120 has the following and i love it
v2,3,4 = jj ecc83s nice dark character with low noise and good tone
v1= sovtec 12ax7 tested for high gain very ummmm "musical?" i guess it offers a nice contrast to the jj's . sounds great
power amp= ruby 6l6gcmstr instant deliciousness compared to groove tubes.
they are punchy and give me good tone.

i bought from two online stores i got the power tubes from dougstubes.com and the preamp tubes from thetubestore.com
i prefer dougstubes just because i asked doug a question and got a speedy and knowledgeable response.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
I've heard fairly good about JJ's power tubes, but I know from experience that their 12AX7's suck.
I call BS since you don't know how to spell Jäger (or Jager for you English types).

But dougstubes is very Knowledgeable and will make sure you get all the info you need.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

I got a set of JJ's in the power section on my mark IV from eurotubes. No problems with them at all. I'm gonna be replacing the preamp tubes soon, not sure if I wanna get JJ's, or something else though.

Eurotubes has pretty good customer service too. I ordered one of the springy tube retainers because I had a broken one, and they called me the next morning to make sure I only needed one of them, and not a full set before shipping the order out.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes